His real mother's grave

Chapter 7: His Real Mother's Grave

Having woken up early in the morning, I wore a black suit and waited for that time.

“Good morning, Byung Hun-ssi.”

“Morning. Are the preparations finished?”

“Ne, without delay.”

When I looked from the second floor, my brother was also wearing a black suit.

*It’s just as I thought. Today is oppa’s…* Today was the anniversary of the death of my brother’s real mother. I had never gone to visit her grave even once.

*This time, I’ll go…eh?* When I went to go down the stairs, I saw my mother’s figure. She drew near my brother who looked like he was about to go out.

*For her to wake up so earlier…*

“Oh, you’re early today. Do you have important work to do?”

“Why are you playing dumb…Today is the anniversary of my omma’s death. You should know that too.”

“Ah…so that’s what it was. You’ve come to visit her grave every year, right? It must have been difficult for you to come from New York every year just to visit her grave. Though you didn’t show your face here.”

“Ne, since I didn’t want to see your face.”

“So your omma, who’s dead, is more important than me, who’s living. I wonder if you’d keep me close to your heart if I died too.”

“I’ve never once thought of you as omma.” With a cold attitude as usual, my brother went out the foyer. 

Choosing that timing, I went down the stairs too.

“So Hyun ah? Why are you dressed to go out too?”

“I’m going to visit the grave with oppa!”

“What are you saying? You don’t have to do such a thing!”

“I’m adult already, right? Let me do what I want!” Shaking off my mother who was trying to stop me, I rushed out of the foyer.

When I got on the car, my brother looked at me with a surprised face.

“Yah, what are you doing…?”

“I’m going too.”

“You’ve always been stopped, right? By that yeoja.”

“I told her to let me do what I like. Can’t I?” Though my brother was hesitating after I suddenly I’d accompany him, after thinking for a bit, he stepped on the accelerator after thinking for a bit.

That grave was hidden away at the end of the cemetery.

*I thought it was a larger grave…*

“It’s unexpected, right? That’s such a simple grave.”

“Eh? N…ne…”

“I asked appa a lot of times why my omma was in a different gravesite than the rest of the Lee family. Each time, he’d say that was what she wanted and say no more.”