Oh No!!!

Chapter 18: Oh No!!!

We were in the waiting room of the hospital my father was brought into, and waiting for news, though we didn't know when it would come.

"I thought he was getting better little by little..."

"Ne..."

"But now he's in the ICU...It's because I did something like that..."

"Oppa..."

While we were waiting, my brother kept on blaming himself. Not just for kissing me in the garden, but for being together with me at all...

"Byung Hun oppa..." When I looked up, I saw Hyuna coming towards us with a serious face.

"Oppa, Hyuna-ssi is come to visit..."

"I'm going to get up for a bit." My brother stood up and went out to the corridor, accompanied by Hyuna.

While I watched my brother walk away listlessly, Jin Young came around, like he was just passing by.

"Jin Young oppa..."

"I heard about your appa..."

"Ne..."

Jin Young was different from usual, showing his concern for my father and for me without even joking. I was grateful, but that just made the situation feel even more serious.

"So Hyun ah, gwaenchana?"

"N...ne...Gwaenchana."

"I know you're worried about your appa, but shouldn't you rest a bit more?"

"Ne...but I'm waiting for news from the doctor, so..."

"I see...That yeoja earlier...She's Byung Hun hyung fiancée?"

"Eh...?"

"Does that person have an illness or something?"

"Illness...?"

"I saw her talking seriously with a doctor."

*Ah...Could it be about the infertility treatment...?*

"What a seriously beautiful person...Ah, I just mean in general, okay? Of course I like you more..."

*But I thought she said she was already cured...*

"Yah, you listening?"

"Eh? Ah, mianhae..."

"Mwoh? So I didn't have to rush."

A little while after that, my brother and Hyuna returned.

"So Hyun ah...Earlier sorry for not replying to your text...Aniyo, things have been very serious for you...Pardon me, but who is this?" After noticing Jin Young beside me, Hyuna asked this question. My brother already looked discouraged.

"Ah...Um..."

*Otoke...? Oppa is here...Introducing Jin Young oppa as my namja chingu in front of oppa is...*

"How do you do? Jung Jin Young ibnida. I'm dating So Hyun."

"Oh, so you're So Hyun's namja chingu. It's nice to meet you. I'm Byung Hun's...chingu, Hyuna ibnida."

"Eh? You weren't his fiancée?"

"Eh? Um..."

"Y...yah, Jin Young oppa..." I elbowed Jin Young's arm. My brother looked even more displeased.

"This isn't the place for self-introductions."

"T-that's true...Now, if you'll excuse me..." After saying that, Hyuna left the waiting room.