Jjinja???

Chapter 10: Jjinja???

After buying the incense, when I returned to the estate, I went right away to appa's room to tell him.

"I just returned."

"Oh! That was fast. Could you properly buy the 'Genuine' incense?"

"Ne, I got oppa to help."

"Help from Byung Hun...I see. If that's so, you probably heard the reason I asked you to do the errand."

"Ne..."

"So the old yeoja has also recognized you then."

"Hey, appa...I was told that I was also a successor candidate, but is that true?"

"Of course it is. Since you're my daughter, who's not afraid of what anyone thinks."

"But I can't do management...?"

"In the Lee group, there are many excellent and talented people. You can leave management to them."

"T...then, otoke?"

"Just look over everyone as the head of the family. That's what  a head of a family is."

"That's..."

"You have the strong -mindedness of someone who won't be moved by losses and gains. That's indispensable for leading a large family."

"B...but, oppa would hate it if I succeeded. It'd be better if oppa succeeded..."

"I think the two of you are mistaken about something. I want to leave the Lee family to the both of you."

"Eh?"

"I'll leave the essential management to Byung Hun. You would be the face of the group. I want the two of you to hold up the Lee family as siblings, hand-in-hand."

"Me and oppa, holding up the Lee family together..."

"There are some people who wouldn't split roles well, but...I think that if it's the two of you, you'll do it well. Even for Byung Hun, work would be easier if you stood out in front." After that, appa continued to speak in high spirits about the Lee family's future. However, I couldn't think it'd be that simple.

After talking with appa for about an hour, I returned to my own room.

*Appa doesn't understand...He doesn't understand just now how wary oppa is of me and omma...*

"Oh, So Hyun ah!"

"Eh...Hyuna-ssi..."

I looked up since my name was called. Hyuna with perfect make-up as usual today, was walking over to me from the other side of the corridor.

"So you were here. How do you do?"

"Fine, kamsahabnida...Um...I think oppa is still at the company..."

"I heard that your appa was doing well. That's why I came to visit today to see him."

"Oh, is that so? Kamsahabnida."