Chapter 3

We piled back onto the tour bus.

Caramel leather seats accented with chocolate brown lined the interior. Matching granite work tops were the staple on the large kitchen as were the state of the art appliances.

I was still taken aback at the sheer size of the bus. The whole crew was here. Chubbs, CJ, Niko, Jas, you name it they were here.

We didn't have much time to waste, we had to set out to the next city. I walked to the back of the bus, ready to change and relax for the night.

"We're going out tonight," Aubrey breathed. He said it hesitantly as though he could read my mind. I paused for a moment.

I was deciding whether to fight him about this or let it go and get ready to go out. Aubrey and I had fought once before. A big argument I guess about his ex. Robyn. Or Rihanna as she was known to the world.

A stunning woman, a smooth complexion, accented with her Jewel green eyes and long lashes, her slight nose and perfect lips, with a Cupids Bow sculpted by the Angels themselves. She was an irresistible woman but he was to resist her by all means.

Whenever their schedules coincided it was for one thing. PR. Get the world to keep their names in their mouths, keep them guessing although they knew he had me. I was pretty much in the back when it came to "Aubrih" but I'd rather keep it that way. The more I was involved, the more I knew and the more I wanted to beat someone's ass about it.

We'd flown to London on a cold February morning for his surprise appearance at the Brit awards. I was dressed in grey head to toe looking the business. My hair was scraped back into a tight bun, two diamonds studs decorating my ears. I had a grey OVO cropped jumper on and high waisted washed out jeans, skimming my thick figure. I'd chosen a pair of grey ombré Loubs to complete my look. We were going to see Rihanna at the venue and I did not wish to be outdone. I held onto Aubrey's arm as we walked across the Tarmac from the jet and into the waiting car.
The plane ride had been smooth and comfortable and i was asleep for most of it. Aubrey had been awake practising runs and warming up his voice. I never tired of hearing him sing.
"You need to get done done done done at work come over ..."
My enjoyment had faded at the thought of him singing to Rih, but I liked it nonetheless.
I watched him intently in the car, scanning his outfit. He'd coordinated with me by accident but I knew it was intentional. He liked the couple-dress-in-same-colours look. He'd chosen dark grey sweats and a Nike hoodie with dark grey custom OVO Jordan's. He looked goodt.
The car pulled out of the airport and headed up to the venue.
"You good boo?" he whispered to me, playing with my curls as I rested my head on his shoulder, "I'm great thank you" I replied, kissing his soft cheek. He turned his attention back to his phone as we drove along. It was 7am and dark. The drivers glided through the London traffic with ease. We were soon at our destination and I was soon ready to see Robyn once again.

"Aubrey! Finally! What took you so damn long!"
A thick Barbadian accent rolled out across the venue through the mic, she locked eyes with me first pulling me into a genuine embrace. She smelt divine and she looked as good as she smelt.
"Hi Re how are you?!"
"I'm perfect Robyn, how are you?"
"Better now your man is here!"
My face stoned over as I sucked my teeth. I felt Aubreys eyes divert to me as I opened my mouth to speak.
"Let's get on with the rehearsal shall we?"

Robyn was queen of  snide comments and I was used to it. She tried to enforce her non existent role in his Aubrey's life. But I felt the constant need to remind her she WAS his woman and all she is now is a PR stunt. She took my mans heart and crushed it in her Manolo boots all those years ago and she wasn't about to get a second chance.

Aubrey left me with a kiss as he headed back stage to practise his entrance. I took a seat further back in the venue and watched as his entered the stage while Rih performed her routine. He attempted to keep it platonic but failed miserably. The energy was real.  "Genuine" if you will.