Prologue

You were in college when news of the monsters took the world. Of course there were rumors it was fake, but the proof was overwhelming. From below the depths of an ancient moutain, Mt. Ebott, sprung an entire civilization of creatures that couldn't even remember the sun.

As a child you heard legends of them, but you'd never really believed humans were as cruel to do such a thing. Not only did the monsters' appearance prove human cruelty, but their reaction as well.

Predjudice against the monsters rose instantly and riots swept the nations. People wanted to shove them down in the hole the came from while some just wanted to coexist.

You lived in a sad world and you lived with the 'wrong' opinion. You accepted the monsters, but had never confronted one. People called you out on your baseless opinion and you suffered.

When the government grew desperate, they asked for help. Even the most common of people applied for jobs in the government to stop this conflict in any way possible. Even if it meant forcing them back where they came from.

You applied, more of desperation than sincere hope. When you were picked, it honestly surprised you. Not even out of college and you were negotiating lives.

You and a surface of humans vs a child and his world of monsters. Negotiations began and so did your story.