Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Boredom filled me while I waited in Lilac's hotel room. I had played enough on my phone already and didn't have anything else to do while I waited for her to finish whatever it was she was doing.

Lilac had brought me over here to help her get ready for whatever this meeting was supposed to be. She wanted fashion advice but then she yelled "I have an idea!" and took her laptop with her as she ran into the hotel bathroom. I think she secretly has an obsession with bathrooms.

She has been in there for half an hour now and I think she just wanted to watch porn or something.

I picked up my phone again when it chimed. There was a text from Alia.

'How long will you be?'

I looked back at the bathroom door that was still closed. No sound was coming from that room, Lilac might as well be dead or worse for all I know. So I texted Alia back.

'Lilac has been in the bathroom for 36 minutes... ??? I have no idea???'

Alia sent back the rolling-eyes emoji and I laughed to myself. "Are you alive in there?!" I yelled rather loudly, still not wanting to get up from Lilac's bed. It was super comfy.

The door finally opened and I let out a sigh of relief. Lilac was smiling brightly with her laptop open and resting in her arms. I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at her. "Okay darling, what did you do?"

She scrunched her eyebrows in confusion, "how did you know I did something?"

I rolled my eyes, "you have that look on her face that you have after you've done something that could ruin lives. Not your life obviously because that's ruined already, but other people's lives."

She laughed to herself and ran over to join me on the bed. "So I got a very detailed email from my old asshole agent and his boss."

"Of course you did," I laughed. "You outed them yesterday and told him to fuck off."

"Best decision I made," she mumbled to herself but I heard loud and clear and it made me smile some more. "So in it they are telling me they are going to release my book still in six months because it would be too much work to cancel all the plans for it now. I'm still going to be paid and all that thank god, but they are terminating my contract next week."

I raised my eyebrow at her, "that's good right?"

"Very good!" She did an evil laugh that made me worry for her mental health. "I've set it all up already on my blog."

"Set what up?" I asked when she didn't continue.

"Remember Valerie and the All-Nighters?"

I smiled a little remembering when Lilac first introduced me to her original story and characters. She had written an amazing book called 'Valerie and the All-Nighters' which was the original story she had sent into to get published but they had rejected it. They told her they like her writing though and if she wrote something else, they'd publish it for her. That something else ended up being 'Flower Fields' and they accepted it right away.

Valerie and the All-Nighters became just something she'd continue on when she ran out of ideas because there was always some adventure she could think up for Valerie.

The publishing company had told her to stop with it because it was a stupid idea, but as long as she distracted them with more ideas for Flower Fields, Cloud Skies, and Tree Forests, they hardly noticed she had continued on with Valerie.

Don't get me wrong, her Flower series is amazing, but Valerie is where it's at.

"Valerie will live again?" I asked and Lilac's smile grew.