Chapter Two

Chapter Two

I scratched my nose without realizing it and Ried smacked my hand away. "Stop!" He yelled frustratingly. "Jeez Bella, tomorrow remember to take your dang allergy pills."

He went back to setting the arrangement and I sniffled and continued to cut the stems ends. I should really carry those dang pills around with me. I have a purse big enough for them, I can fit five books in there at a time, I should be able to fit a small container of pills in there too.

"I'll go home and put them straight in my bag tonight."

He rolled his eyes, "I'll spam text you to remind you."

I let out a deep sigh, "oh thank god."

Ried was my saviour. I don't know what I'd do without him. I can't remember how I didn't die on a regular day-to-day basis without him around.

It was well past two in the morning when we finally finished the order for the morning. Ried was to deliver it to a wedding around seven so they can start placing the beautiful flowers where they want them. I never get to make deliveries but that's okay with me. I'd probably cry if the bride cried or gossip with a girlfriend who is receiving them. I'd get nothing done and be far too emotional like I am whenever a customer comes in here.

"I'm going to crash on the couch," Ried said taking out his phone with a yawn. "Six-am here I come."

"Good luck young soldier." I saluted him and he chuckled sleepily. "I will not be in tomorrow, letting you right now because I will be sleeping all day long."

"That's okay," he smiled and gave me a hug. "You were the only one who stayed to the end Bella. Of course you can have the whole day off. Because you're the best."

I smiled, "the one allergic to the flowers is the best florist. Huh, funny how that works isn't it?"

He rolled his eyes, "go home and get lots of sleep. You're too weird after one in the morning."

My smile got even bigger, "now you've met my dark side." He looked at me like he was scared so I winked. "Yep, I'm so weird," I grabbed my purse and headed for the back door.

The alley was a bit creepy so I made sure to hold my phone in my hands and keep an extra look out. I made it to the street safely but still on high alert. Some of the bars and clubs had many people heading out into the night already.

Drunks were not something I'd like to deal with. Was not the greatest way to end my night.

I kept to the safer streets as I made my way home, I've done this many times before but I still use caution and stay on full alert. You never know what can happen this late at night in the middle of a big city.

I stopped when I noticed a guy sitting against a building on the sidewalk. He didn't look too good, though he wasn't in the light of the lamp post so I couldn't exactly tell. His head was hung and he had his phone sitting open on the cement beside him. I wonder if he needs help. He could just be doing that to catch innocent girls like me too. So many possibilities.

I slowly crept forward, not making a lot of sound. The guy wasn't moving. As I got closer I noticed the nasty smell surrounding him and soon realized he had thrown up everywhere. Yea, he wasn't having the greatest night was he?

As I got nearer I made more noise, but he didn't seem to hear me. I think he was passed out. I wouldn't be surprised if he got drunk enough to throw up all over himself like this.

Slowly, I bent down and picked up his phone. It was open to a messages app I've never used and on a name titled 'Microwave'. That was a weird name, but whomever it was kept messaging this drunk guy. His phone buzzed every five seconds with a new message from this person.