Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Dee was miles and miles away, but soon she'd be closer. She'd be in London. Little did she know, I'd be in London too.

I've been plotting with her bodyguard Joseph for months. Ever since he knew she was coming to London he contacted me and asked me about meeting her there. He see's how good of friends we are and how rarely we see each other and wanted to help us out.

So, four months later, Elvira Love (me), has a job working in a bakery shop making sweet dessert pastries all day long in the heart of London. Me also now lives comfortably in my own apartment not too far from said bakery.

Best friend of me, Dee Lyons, is going to be staying with me (obviously) while she works here in London for the next week. She's got plenty of interviews and performances all over the place to get her name out here.

After that, Joseph said I could tag along for a few months while she promotes around Europe and Asia and eventually we'll end up in Australlia. Perfect place to take a vacation before she sets out on her North American tour. When that tour is over, next year she'll tour Europe. She has her whole life planned out in front of her and I couldn't be happier.

I cleaned my apartment for what seemed like the hundredth time. It needed to look perfect because Dee, my best friend, is coming to visit. Her plane will touch down tomorrow morning and I'll be here to welcome her.

We are going to have the time of our lives.

When I finished mopping the floor, I resorted my shoes and fixed up my front closet. Dee was on her plane now, so she couldn't call me and distract me from fidgeting with everything around me because I'm so excited and nervous at the same time.

Taking a deep breath, I stood up straight. You are done cleaning Elvira. Dee won't care how clean this place is, plus you've hardly got anything in here to mess it up. Just a couch, a coffee table, some book shelves with books and candles, and a kitchen filled with food. Your bedroom only has a bed, a dresser, and a closet filled with clothes. Literally nothing can go wrong.

It took me a while to calm myself down, but I settled on reading a book to distract myself and then headed off to dreamland. When I woke up, it was to the sound of my alarm on my phone going off.

I shot up straight then blinked to see what time it was. I was super disoriented from not getting a proper sleep and from making myself wake up so suddenly but i knew Dee would be here in an hour. Her plane, if it was still on time, just landed here in London. Joseph would text me when they got into a car and started on their way here, and soon my best friend and I are going to be reunited.

I took my time, rubbed my eyes a lot and even took a quick shower just to wash my body before getting ready. It helped me wake up a bit more too.

After that I put on a pair of black leggings and an oversized knitted sweater that kind of looked like a dress on me. I even put on a pair of fuzzy socks then got to work in the kitchen. I may work in a bakery, but I will never get tired of baking or even just cooking in general.

I started from scratch, making chocolate chip cookies and a fancy chocolate cake. When everything was baking in my fancy two door oven, I set to making myself some breakfast. I made enough for three actually. Some breakfast burritos with scrambled eggs, bacon, and many other things inside and cleaning and cutting yummy fruits. At the last minute I decided to melt chocolate to dip the fruits in.

Dee and I love chocolate, if you couldn't already tell.

I got all the food set up just in time for there to be a knock at the door and I ran to answer it.

"Knocking on a hotel room-"

Dee's question was cut off when I opened the door. She looked right at me, very confused, then excited, then angry.

I smiled as she smacked Joseph on the chest, "ass hat," then she ran at me full force. I managed to catch her in a tight hug. She hugged me back at full force and we kind of just stood there for a long moment.

"Do you live in London?" Dee asked excitedly, "it smells amazing in here."

"I moved here when Joe told me your popstar plans were bringing you here for a bit." I smiled brightly at her, "and I made breakfast and dessert."

She laughed at me, "of course you made dessert."

Joe smiled and set Dee's luggage just inside the front door, "I'll be back around four to pick you up for your first radio interviews."

Dee smiled and said bye to him and we headed over to the kitchen together. I couldn't help it, I pulled her into another hug. It made her laugh, but it's been over five years.

"Are you coming?"

I was confused by her question, "what?"

She rolled her eyes and laughed. We had finished breakfast and dessert and were now just chilling with Netflix on in the background while we caught up and talked about literally anything we could think about.

"With me to promote?" Dee was smiling to herself, "I'm not all that obvious you know."

I chuckled, "of course I'm coming with you. Two months on the road, yes please!"

We both laughed. It was so good having her around again. She made me happier than anyone on this planet ever could. She was my soul mate, not in the romantic sense. We just fit together like two pieces of a puzzle and I fully believed no one ever could make me feel like that. No boy, not even my future husband can replace or even come close to fill in her spot in my heart.

"Do you want to get tattoos?" I asked curiously as the show ended and the credits started to roll down the TV screen.

Dee raised her eyebrow, "yes ma'am, what of? Are we going to match?"

"Puzzle pieces," I smirked.

She smiled back at me, an evil glint in her eye. "We've got a couple hours right?"

I slowly nodded my head.

"Let's go!"

I, Elvira Love, love my best friend, Dee Lyons.