Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

I was far too tired to go into work today, but it had to be done. I made sure to even take two allergy pills before heading out to start the day. The store was dark when I got there, but I didn't mind. All the orders for today were all ready to go in the back waiting for me.

The first thing I made sure to do was turn on the coffee machine, then I switched on the store lights and unlocked the front door for customers. After all, that Luke guy said he was coming in first thing.

I set up the register and heard the ding of the coffee letting me know it was ready which made me smile. Before I could even get into the back room to grab a cup, the door chimes went off. My head shot around to see who was walking in and I sighed when I saw the Luke guy from yesterday dragging a very sleepy friend behind him.

Luke's face lit up when he saw me. "Oh thank goodness! Are they ready?"

I smiled a bit, without showing my teeth because that meant effort. "Let me just go find them."

I slid into the back before anyone could say anything else. The coffee was screaming my name but I needed to give this guy his flowers first. Customers are top priority.

The bouquet wasn't hard to find in the pick-up pile. It was put right up front. Probably being the last one made yesterday or they just knew that it would be the first one being picked up. I grabbed it and the form he had to sign then walked back out to the store. His sleepy friend had decided to sit down on the floor beside the cash register and it looked like he was asleep already. Wow, that's kind of impressive.

Luke's head snapped up when he saw me re-enter the store. "I am so sorry," he said in a rush, very worried and scared.

I laughed lightly, "no I'm kind of envious that he fell asleep that quickly in all honesty. I wish I could do that instead of open the store."

Luke chuckled at that and nodded before looking back to his friend, "my friends have gained the ability to basically fall asleep anywhere. It comes in handy on the road but not so much while you're on vacation or at home."

I raised an eyebrow but didn't ask while I put the flowers onto the counter with the form for pick-up beside it. "I just need you to sign this to say you picked it up."

"Wow," he smiled brightly at the bouquet. "This is better than I imagined! Thank you!"

I smiled a little bit back, "you're welcome! I'll leave a note for the night shift that you loved it." I gave him a pen to sign the form while I grabbed a new one to write on a sticky note.

We both finished around the same time and I took the form back while he kicked his friend in the side and grabbed the bouquet.

"What?!" His friend shot up and hit his head on the counter.

Luke laughed really hard and I bit down onto my lips in order to not even crack a smile, but that was pretty dang funny. "C'mon Chip," he said between laughs. "It's time to get going."

Chip nodded and rubbed his head while he got up. "Did you get her number?" He asked Luke then turned and saw me standing behind the counter. His eyes went wide with fear and Luke glared at him.

"Shut up Chip," he said through gritted teeth then turned back to me and forced a smile. "Thank you so much again. My mom is going to love it!"

"Have a nice day!" I smiled brightly at the two then looked at Chip, "you get some sleep in a real bed too."

Luke laughed again and with that they both left. I took a deep breath and scrunched my eyebrows. Why did he want my number? No it was probably someone else. Oh well.

Coffee was still screaming my name in the back room.

Once I had that made, three creams and one sugar, I was much more ready to get on with the day. More awake and that meant terrible customers would be easier to deal with.

Ried came in for the night shift and that was when I left. He made sure to ask me all about The Luke Hemmings but I didn't say anything other than him loving the bouquet. Ried didn't like that. He even brought me donuts to try and bribe me to tell him more, but there really wasn't more to tell him.

There was the phone number thing, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't directed at me so I chose to ignore it.

I left without a donut and went straight home, thankfully not in the dark this time so there were no drunk boys and their crazy friends to run into. Just a lot of people walking around like it should be.

At home I started playing some music while I made myself dinner. I was a bit early for dinner but the donuts that I didn't get made me hungry so I needed to eat a bit earlier. When I sat down to eat I decided I needed to see what Ried and the teenage workers were so in love with about this Luke guy. So I googled him.

Lead singer of a band, makes sense. His Twitter was interesting, lots of pictures.... And... a guy with green hair....

Great.

Microwave and Luke know each other. Did Mike set Luke up to get my phone number? I bet that was what was happening. Wow am I glad they left before either of them asked. I closed his Twitter right away and sighed. I hope I never see them again.

I don't want anything to do with any band members or famous people ever. I have all I need right here and if Luke's Twitter is any sign, their life is crazy. I don't ever want to be a part of crazy. They need to keep it as far away from me as possible.