Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Photoshoots were not my thing.

As soon as we walked in, I was being judged. Everyone had business attire up the ying-yang. I was in black ripped jeans and a white t-shirt with a black leather jacket. I looked nothing like business. At least I didn't wear my 'Fuck You' t-shirt. They should be happy about that. If only they knew.

Wilma was in business attire, she didn't seem phased when she showed up at Livvy and I's apartment and saw me in this. Didn't ask about it or even take notice of it. However, everyone here obviously didn't like it.

Wilma Sandoval was created to live this lifestyle.

She wore a tight white skirt that went from the smallest part of her waist down to her knees. Her top was a royal blue colour and it was long sleeved but baggy rather than skin tight like her skirt. To add on top of that already perfect outfit she had a black blazer slung over her arm along with a beautiful black designer purse.

Wilma Sandoval has a weird name, but she's beautiful without even trying.

Even now without any makeup on her, she looked photoshoot ready. Olive skin, bright green eyes, dark brown hair. She had it all. She was perfect.

I can see why Livvy put so much effort into helping Wilma with her career. She could smell talent and potential from millions of miles away. That's why she's in Australia, or on her way. Livvy knew Lilac Rose has that 'it' factor to make it in this world, just like she knew Wilma would make it in the modeling world.

Wilma hadn't even considered it until Livvy found her.

I swear Livvy has a sixth sense for this sort of thing.

As soon as I signed Wilma in at the front desk, we were brought back to her dressing room. There, ready to go at a moments notice, was a team of three people. A man with a 'tool belt' if you will, filled with brushes, sprays, cloths, blenders, and so many other things that you need for makeup. All the makeup was set in a perfect order on the table beside him, just waiting to be used.

There was an older lady with glasses who clapped when Wilma came into the room. Wilma and her exchanged a few words as the lady looked through a rack of clothing, sorting a few things out. Wilma and her must know each other from other photoshoots.

The other girl in the room plugged in a flat iron once we got in there and held tightly onto a hair brush. She looked nervous, maybe Wilma made other people nervous. Wilma made me nervous when she first started modeling, but now I'm used to it. Maybe it's the girls first day, that's also a possibility.

Wilma sat in the chair and I stood off to the side beside the door.

The makeup guy didn't waste any time at all. It also took him no time. He was done in twenty minutes and Wilma looked crazy good. After the guy was finished, he started cleaning everything and the hair girl got to work.

"Are you a friend of Wilma's?" The older woman asked me, she scared me because I wasn't expecting it but I smiled at her.

"Yea, kind of. Livvy Dean is my best friend and roommate and asked me to step in as Wilma's agent today because she's in Australia at the moment."

She smiled, "ah I see. That's exciting! What do you do for a living? Are you trying to become an agent too?"

I smiled nervously, "no I don't want to be an agent."

"She's much cooler than that!" Wilma said excitedly from the chair. The girl doing her hair jumped a bit because she had been so quiet up until now.

"Oh really?" The old woman looked at me expectantly.

I gave her another nervous smile, "nah I'm not as cool as Wilma and Livvy. I just sell instruments."

"To famous people!" Wilma cut in again and I wanted to strangle her right there and then. Almost.

Instead I rolled my eyes, "that's only happened like, what? Twice?"

Wilma rolled her eyes then looked at the old woman, "she's sold to Niall Horan and Liam Payne of One Direction. Niall came back with Michael Clifford and Calum Hood of 5 Seconds of Summer. She's also sold to that one guitarist in Maroon 5, I can't remember his name. Also Joe Trohman from Fall Out Boy and a few guys from Mumford and Sons, right?"

I pursed my lips, "yep, those are most of them."

She waved her hand around, "you sell to so many famous people it's hard to keep track!"

I laughed nervously as everyone in the room continued to stare at me in awe. This was very awkward and I'm going to blame Livvy for it. Plus, my coworker definitely keeps track of which famous person buys what instrument and when.

Kind of creepy but also kind of awesome.

"So you are a big deal then," the old lady commented with a bright smile.

"No-"

I tried to reassure her that I was no one, but she cut me off. "Darling, if it weren't for you they wouldn't have the instruments to make their music up on that stage or back in their studios. You are very important even if people don't see it. Just as everyone on this team in here is important. Not just Wilma."

Slowly I nodded my head, just to please her. I get what she was saying but I wasn't going to have my name in magazines or on the Internet for selling the guitar or drum set. These people can be recognized for their hard work, someone will notice them.

I don't do it for the recognition anyways. It just kind of happened one day. I love guitars and bass and all types of instruments up to the flute and french horn even. I knew I wanted to work with them somehow, and helping someone find their next favourite music making machine is the best job I could ask for.

The hair girl finished soon after and the old woman helped Wilma get dressed. She made her put on this gorgeous black gown. It had off the shoulder straps and a sweetheart neckline. The dress clinged to her body until her hips then poofed out a bit and flowed down to the floor glamorously.

She was still beautiful.

I can't believe she's still single.