Ch 4 Remembering The Past

Atticus was at the abandoned dorm and was with  Fujiwara Yusuke. Atticus said "who are you?" Fujiwara said "what have you done?" Atticus said "what are you talking about?" Fujiwara said "what did you do to Fujiwara Yusuke? Where did you take him?" Atticus said "Fujiwara, Yusuke, I don't know, I can't remember anything." Fujiwara said "don't play dumb." Then a wind picked up and knocked Atticus right off his feet and he hit the ground hard knocking him out. Fujiwara was about to do something when a voice came from out of nowhere and said "stop right there." Then the person had an explosive and he distracted Fujiwara to get away.

Alexis was told what happened and rushed to see her brother in the infirmary. Alexis said "What happened to Atticus, Jaden?" Jaden said "he is alright. But it was a close one. He saved him." He pointed at the other bed and saw that it was Axel. Alexis said "Axel, what brings you here?" Axel said "I have been entrusted a task by president of industrial Illusions, Pegasus. That is why I privately came back to this island." Alexis said "a task." Axel said "I was told to investigate the problem behind why all the duel cards were not working on the duel disks. I found out that there is a high probability that duel academy hold the answers."

Alexis said "why this academy?" Axel said "Fujiwara Yusuke holds most of the answers for the moment. He is the only student to disappear and not return from the shadows." Jaden said "wait a minute the darkness that is inside of Atticus is the same as the one that is attacking me now." Axel said "yes and it will not be long till the true darkness shows himself." Jaden said to Atticus and he shook him a little "Atticus you have to tell us what happened at that place. Please Atticus tell me."

Alexis said "Jaden stop. Atticus is in no condition to tell us anything." Jaden said "only Atticus knows the truth and he is our only hope to get answers." Jaden then asked Atticus about what happened and that was Alexis' breaking point. Alexis slapped Jaden across the face. Alexis said "it is like Hassleberry said you have change Jaden. Not for the better but for the worse. Where is the man that I fell in love with."  Jaden said "there are sometimes when you can't turn back even if you want to." With that Jaden left the infirmary.

A few hours latter Alexis brought flowers to Atticus' room but found that he was nowhere to be found. Jaden was at the red dorm then he heard a noise and went outside to see what had happened. It was Atticus and his duel disk and he was trying to climb the stairs but failed. Jaden helped Atticus and he wished to duel him but at the abandoned dorm and they went there. right as the duel started Alexis and the gang had turned up to see what was happening. The duel had started and Atticus was in his evil form.

Jaden draws "Elemental Hero Clayman" and subsequently Normal Summons it (800/2000) in Defense Position. He then Sets a card.

Atticus draws "Red-Eyes Black Chick" and subsequently Normal Summons it (800/500) in Attack Position. He then sends "Red-Eyes Black Chick" to the Graveyard in order to Special Summon "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" (2400/2000) in Attack Position. Atticus then activates "Inferno Fire Blast" to target "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" and inflict damage to Jaden equal to "Red-Eyes Black Dragon's" original ATK (Jaden 4000 → 1600), but "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" can't attack this turn.

Atticus then Tributes "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" in order to Special Summon "Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon" (2400/2000) in Attack Position. Due to the effect of "Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon", it gains 300 ATK for every Dragon-Type monster in Atticus' Graveyard. He currently has two ("Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon": 2400 → 3000/2000).

"Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon" attacks and destroys "Elemental Hero Clayman". Jaden then activates his face-down "Hero Signal" to Special Summon "Elemental Hero Bubbleman" (800/1200) in Attack Position. Since Jaden summoned "Elemental Hero Bubbleman" while he had no other cards on his side of the field, its effect activates, letting Jaden draw 2 cards.[Notes 1] Atticus Sets a card.

Jaden draws. He then activates "Grade Sword" and equips it to "Bubbleman", increasing its ATK by 300 ("Bubbleman": 800 → 1100/1200). Now if "Bubbleman" is Tributed for the Tribute Summon of a Warrior-type monster, it can count as two Tributes. Jaden then Tributes "Bubbleman" in order to Tribute Summon "Elemental Hero Neos" (2500/2000) in Attack Position. Jaden then activates "Neos Force" and equips it to "Neos", increasing its ATK by 800 ("Neos": 2500 → 3300/2000). Now if "Elemental Hero Neos" destroys one of Atticus' monsters by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, Atticus will take damage equal to the ATK of the destroyed monster.

"Neos" attacks and destroys "Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon" (Atticus 4000 → 3700). The second effect of "Neos Force" activates (Atticus 3700 → 700).[Notes 2] Atticus activates his face-down "Red-Eyes Spirit" to Special Summon "Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon" (2400 → 3000/2000) from his Graveyard in Attack Position, ignoring the summoning conditions. On Jaden's End Phase, the third effect of "Neos Force" activates, returning itself to Jaden's Deck ("Elemental Hero Neos": 3300 → 2500/2000).

Atticus draws. "Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon" attacks and destroys "Neos" (Jaden 1600 → 1100). Atticus then Sets a card.

Jaden draws. He then activates "Convert Contact" to send "Neo-Spacian Flare Scarab" and "Neo-Spacian Air Hummingbird" from his hand and Deck to the Graveyard and draw two cards. Jaden's hand contains "Elemental Storm", "O - Oversoul", and "Hero's Guard". Jaden then activates "O - Oversoul" to Special Summon "Elemental Hero Neos" (2500/2000) from his Graveyard in Attack Position.

Jaden then activates "Elemental Storm" to target "Elemental Hero Neos" and destroy "Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon" (as the latter's original ATK is lower than the ATK of "Neos"), however "Neos" won't be allowed to attack this turn. Atticus then activates his face-down "Metal Plus" and equips it to "Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon". Due to the second effect of " Metal Plus", "Elemental Storm" is negated and destroyed. Jaden Sets two cards.

Atticus draws "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon". He then Tributes "Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon" in order to Special Summon "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon" (2800/2400) in Attack Position. Due to the first effect of "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon", it gains 400 ATK for every Dragon-Type monster in Atticus' Graveyard. There are currently three ("Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon": 2800 → 4000/2400).[Notes 3]

"Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon" attacks "Elemental Hero Neos", but Jaden activates his face-down "Hero's Guard" to prevent "Elemental Hero Neos" from being destroyed by the attack this turn. Jaden then activates the second effect of "Hero's Guard" to remove from play "Elemental Hero Bubbleman" from his Graveyard and halve the Battle Damage he would take (Jaden 1100 → 350) as well as draw one card.

Jaden draws "Contact Soul" and subsequently activates it to Special Summon "Neo-Spacian Grand Mole", but Atticus activates the second effect of "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon" to negate "Contact Soul" and destroy it by discarding "Cave Dragon" ("Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon": 4000 → 4400/2400). Jaden then activates his face-down "Hero's Rule 1: Five Freedoms" to remove from play "Red-Eyes Black Chick", "Red-Eyes Black Dragon", "Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon", "Cave Dragon" and "Inferno Fire Blast" from Atticus' Graveyard ("Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon": 4400 → 2800/2400).

Jaden then activates "Neo Space", which gives "Elemental Hero Neos" 500 more ATK ("Elemental Hero Neos": 2500 → 3000/2000). He then activates "H - Heated Heart" to increase the ATK of "Neos" by 500 ("Elemental Hero Neos": 3000 → 3500/2000) and grant it the ability to inflict piercing damage this turn. "Neos" attacks and destroys "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon" (Atticus 700 → 0). Then Jaden rushed over to Atticus but Alexis said "eave him alone." Atticus said that he was the one that wanted this and he could remember everything. Then Fujiwara Yusuke appeared out of nowhere and then Jaden said "why don't you show yourself Honest the duel spirit. Jaden was holding the Honest card and he was shocked to see he knew who he was.