12.

Fionna cracked an eye open when she heard a shriek, the voice sounded familiar. But she was too tired to see what it was. So she just closed her eyes and continued to fall asleep.

...

When she woke up the clock read 12 sharp. She rose quickly in her sweater and short pajama shorts, jumping down the ladder hole and pounced her sister from behind, hugging her tightly.

"Today's the day i get to spend the day with you! Let me call Marsh and tell him." Cake only purred as her sister hugged her.

When she was released she continued to make everything burritos for lunch and was silent about the cry she heard last night and decided to tell Fionna after she got off of the phone.

"Hey Fi." Marshall said groggily as if he just was woken up.

"Hey Marshy. You sound tired. You okay?" Fionna spoke into the receiver concerned.

"Yeah yeah, I'm just fine," Marshall fisted a hand in his hair, wanting to tell Fionna about last night but decided against it, he knew she would probably be okay with it but was worried.

"Okay cool! Today I'm gonna spend the day with Cake. That okay?" Fionna asked catching her lip in between her teeth.

"Yeah thats just fine Fi don't worry," Marshall smiled into the phone and shut his eyes, still sleepy from getting home late last night. He figured that her spending the whole day with Cake have him enough time to get the dinner ready.

"Yay! Okay what time is dinner?" She said excitedly for tonight, knowing whatever they're dinner would be, it would be amazing.

"Hmmm. How about 8?"

"Sounds great. I can't wait..." Fionna spoke softly into the phone, completely love struck.

"I can't wait either." He said just as softly, whispering into the phone catching his lower lip in his teeth keeping in mind his sharp deadly canine fang. "I have to go. Have fun with Cake today, okay?"

Fionna sighed into the phone and rested her chin in her hand and spoke back, "Okay... I love you."

"I love you too." Marshall said closing his eyes in content as the line cut and he repeated her voice in his head.

She sighed as she hung up the phone and closed her eyes, her head falling into her arms on the table.

"Hey baby, you alright?" Cake asked

Fionna only looked up with a goofy smile on her face, "I'm great Cake."

Cake only smirked and returned to her handiwork. Hers finally done so she moved onto Fionna's.

"Hey Fi, i wanna ask you something." Cake said warily.

"Yeah what is it?" Fionna said getting worried because Of Cake's tone.

"Did you hear the shriek and scream last night?"

Fionna's skin went cold, "Yes... Why?"

"Well we got informants from the candy kingdom." Cake turned to see her sister looking white as a ghost and continued, "Gumball is in the hospital. His arm and leg were twisted around, so they're both very broken, there were words cut into his back so they're sewing it up and tending to it, and then the last made everyone know who did it..." Cake paused and sighed continuing, "He was very light pink, barely had any color, they're rehydrating him now. But i bet you can guess who did it." Cake crossed her arms disapprovingly and looked accusingly at her sister who now had a face of stone and the color was returning to her face.

"Baby how reckless of Marshall to do that?! Why aren't you flipping out right now?!" Cake shouted at her sister, disappointed at how she could be so unresponsive at this time.