I'm falling in love... and it's ARRANGED!? (*5*)

Chapter 5

I'm Falling In Love... and It's ARRANGED!?

********************************************************************************

(Emelyne's P.O.V)

I stepped through the door awaiting Rebeca's lecture. It was a miracle she hadn't stormed into the local hospital and demanded me to come home with her. She just couldn't leave me in peace for a second.

I refused to call her my mother any more, I'd had enough. 16 years of living under her foot and doing every single thing she ordered had finally tired me out. And after the accident, I no longer cared. I didn't care if she kicked me out, or if she tried something new. I just couldn't think of her as my mother anymore.

I put my bags down and took off my coat, hanging it in the nearby closet. My first impression of the house after the accident wasn't great. Last time I'd walked out the door, I'd spent the entire week cleaning it. Making certain the carpets had been shampooed and vacuumed, the furniture dusted, and windows cleaned.

It was still decent of course, but the furniture had dust gathering again, and I could've sworn there were new stains on the floors. Sighing, I walked towards the kitchen.

She was there, head bent. On a closer look, I realized she had actually passed out on the table. A tray lay next to her, some powdery substance spilled all over the table. Trying not to grimace, I moved her head back and inspected her.

Drugs again, for sure. She just didn't quit! Still weak from the accident, it was impossible to help her up to her room, so I joined chairs and lay her down. Then, taking out the cleaning supplies, I cleaned the mess she'd made.

By the time I'd finished, I was dead tired. Nothing appealed to me more than my bed waiting for me to catch up on sleep. I took one last look around the house, after I was satisfied I picked my bags up and went up to my room.

Something on my side table caught my eye, it was a small box with a red ribbon tied around it. My name was scrawled over the lid. Excitement had me reaching for the box, but I hesitated before ripping it open.

Who could possibly have given it to me. I mean, Rebeca certainly hadn't gotten it, and it couldn't be any friends, since I didn't have any last time I checked.

I decided to open it anyways, excited at the thought of a gift. There was a small chain with a ring as a pendant. It confused me, why not a ring alone, or a necklace? But it was beautiful, a tint of gold ran over both items, and the ring was exquisitely engraved. It was an amazing sight.

Without thinking, I pulled the ring out of the chain and put it on my finger, it fit perfectly. It looked so right, I didn't want to take it off. A note caught my sight, it was taped under the box's lid.

I smiled as I opened it, anxious to know who the secret admirer could be, though I was also stunned by the thought of there even being one. I read the following.

" Emelyne, I know it seems like we're strangers, and we hardly know each other. But I want you to know, I was there. I was there when Timmy Jerkins tripped you in middle school and made you cry. I was there when Molly Hansen spread nasty rumors about you during graduation. And I was there when you looked at me in Mr. Hikk's science class like I was the greatest thing in the world. This is a little present for not standing up and telling you how I felt, hopefully you'll accept it. "

My smile had faltered, and my breathing had fastened. My heart beat loudly as I slowly sat down on the edge of my bed and stared at the name at the end of the note. Wiping the sweat off my face, I looked down at the name again.

It was still there. As clear as it could be.

Jeremy Burton was in love with me.

........................................................................................................................................

( Kay, so I was alittle distracted while writing this chapter. I was kinda watching Vampire Diaries and couldn't really focus much. But I've added a little twist in there. Who knew, eh! Jermey loves Emelyne... anyways. I hope you guys liked it :) lemme kno.. and vote! )