I'm Falling In Love... and It's ARRANGED!? (*7*)

Chapter 7

I'm Falling In Love ... And It's ARRANGED!?

.........................................................................................................................................

(Emelyne's P.O.V)

Casey! It was actually him! I was surprised at the excitement that started to build inside of me as I smiled and waved back. It happened every time I thought about him. It confused the hell out of me.

I guess it was his generosity. The fact that if it hadn't been for him, I might have been dead now. He gestured for me to get into the car, and I hesitated a second before thanking him and getting into the passenger seat.

"Where shall I take you, your highness?" he asked teasingly, winking in my direction before looking at the road again.

I laughed and shook my head, amazed at the odd sense of comfort when ever I was with him. Casey never made me feel nervous, not the way Jeremy did anyway.

Friends.

That's what Casey made me feel. As if the two of us were meant to be friends all along.

"You can take me home, please." I laughingly replied. But it took a second for me to digest the words I'd said.

He seemed to understand as well, his grin widening. I felt a blush coming over me, I could've sworn my face was red with embarrassment.

"I-I mean ... you can take me to m-my house. That's what I meant." I tried to clear it up, but he just chuckled and ignored my obvious embarrassment.

We drove in silence for a while, with me just looking out the window. My thoughts went back to the day, and everything I'd expected today to have been.

I'd imagined Jeremy Burton on his knees, taking my hand and begging for forgiveness. Pleading for my love. And instead, he'd just ignored me as usual.

He'd even gone as far as laughing with Melissa Baker for half a class.

An odd feeling crept over me.I couldn't tell if it was jealousy or frustration. I was just sick and tired. I wanted it to be over. I deserved it. I deserved for Jeremy to declare his feelings. After all, he didn't actually expect me to go to him, did he!?

"Hey, you alright?" Casey asked all of a sudden, his head turned in my direction.

"And if it isn't?" I retorted.

One golden eye brow arched up, amusement shining in his eyes.

He just looked so darn cute! I cleared my throat and shook my head.

"Let it be. It's nothing. Just tired, that's all." I said quietly, trying to forget about everything.

He stopped the car and I realized we were not anywhere near my house. There were vast, green fields all around us, and far in the distance, I could see a Victorian style building. Almost like a museum.

I looked at Casey with confusion.

He inhaled deeply and took my hands in his, making me want to scream. What was going on!? Where were we and why was he acting like this?

"Casey, what are we doing here?" I asked tentatively, not sure if I was in some sort of weird dream.

He took another deep breath and looked right into my eyes.

"I wanted us to have more time together, I really did. But you have to understand, it's the council. They're pushing themselves into the situation. I really tried, Emelyne, trust me, I did! But we're out of time, we have to do this." he explained slowly, looking at me the entire time.

I was beyond confused. What was he talking about? What council? What did we have to do!?

My confusion must have been etched all over my face, for when I raised my eyes to meet his, he spoke clearly and loudly for there to be no mistake to what he said.

"Marriage, Emelyne. We have to get married."

*********************************************************************************

Hey guys! I know it's been ages since I last uploaded.

But I was actually waiting to see just how many votes/comments

I'd recieve. I was kind of disapointed.

I really, really apreciate all the votes/comments.

SO, please, please, please do!

Lemme kno what you thought.! luv ya <3 :)