I'm Falling In Love ... and It's ARRANGED!? *16*

Chapter 16

..................................................................................................

(Emelyne's P.O.V)

I continued to stare into Casey's eyes, amazed by the man he'd become in these past few days. A lot had happened to me this past week, first moving here, then the news of Rebeka's death.

But it all came down to this moment.

I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present. The shooting stars took your breath away, they were simply amazing. I'd never seen such a sight before.

People were finally starting to calm down from the excitement and set up their picnics. Some couples were lying in their sleeping bags, probably planning to spend the night.

The weather was actually nice compared to earlier this morning. Jackets weren't needed anymore.

"Happy birthday." Casey whispered, leaning in for another kiss.

I let him, secretly wanting it just as much. It was the same gentle touch at first, slowly deepening into a much more passionate clinging of our lips.

I thought I heard some guys whistle as they walked past, but nothing seemed to matter.

We parted and I took the opportunity to start a conversation we should've had a long time ago.

"About the wedding..."

Casey looked at me with a confused expression, but he waited patiently for me to continue.

"We haven't really talked about it." I said.

He nodded and leaned back, I could've sworn there was a hint of a smile on his face. He lay back completely on the picnic blanket and put his arms under his head, his eyes staring at me.

"Let's talk, then." He suggested.

I frowned and this caused his expression to become a little more serious, giving me his full attention.

"Well, I was thinking we should just get over with it. I mean, what's the point of having a long engagement?" I asked.

I knew I might have sounded too harsh, but deep down even I wanted him to tell me our marriage meant more. I wasn't waiting for his declaration of love or anything like that, but I would've liked some reassurances.

He seemed to be deep in thought for a moment, his gaze directed at the stars. When he looked back at me, he was more serious than he'd been before.

"Maybe you're right. I'll talk to mom about it." He said, this time there was no amusement in his eyes when he spoke.

I felt awful, as if I'd broken the spell. Just when things had seemed so magical, so perfect, I'd ended up ruining it all by bringing up the marriage.

But we couldn't keep putting it off either. I mean, we were getting married no matter what, might as well talk about it sometime.

My mood souring as well, I frowned and leaned back to match Casey's posture. He raised his eye brow when I imitated his position and lay back with my hands behind my head.

"Is this some kind of game?" he asked.

I was glad he could tease me again, but at the same time it annoyed me as usual. How could Casey have a serious conversation one second, and then go back to his amusing self again.

I guess his ability to do so was one of the reasons I'd fallen for him.

It hit me all of a sudden then. I was in love with him!