I'm Falling In Love... and It's ARRANGED!? (*9*)

Chapter 9

...........................................................................................................................

(Emelyne's P.O.V)

"I'll do it."

As soon as the words left my mouth, I felt my heart beat accelerate and my head start to spin.

Casey must have been feeling the exact same thing considering the way his eyes widened.

"Oh my god." He whispered.

I didn't know if I should laugh at the fact that he looked completely awkward saying "oh my god" or that he was back to pacing again. At this rate, he'd dig a hole in the ground soon enough.

He stopped suddenly and looked at me.

"You have no idea how much this means to me, Emelyne." He said quietly.

I nodded, unable to say anything back. I was uncertain towards my decision myself, what if I'd made the wrong choice.

Did this mean I really had never loved Jeremy?

I should have felt some resistance, a tug at my heart perhaps, but instead felt nothing. The thought of never being able to really be with Jeremy didn't cause any stirrings. I was just ... myself.

Casey surprised me by kneeling on the ground once more in the exact same spot he'd been before. He looked down when he spoke.

"I can't promise much right now. But I promise I'll always be there for you, I'll always protect you." There was so much sincerity in his voice that for a second it seemed like a movie scene.

I put a hand on his shoulder, causing him to look up again.

"Casey. This is just temporary. Relax." I said, trying to be cheerful. But there was a hint of nervousness in the way my words came out all shook up.

Suddenly the Casey from the hospital after the accident was back and kneeling in front of me instead. The hard, stone expression and unfeeling emotion masking his face. He almost looked ... angry.

It didn't even seem like a second before he had me up from the couch and pulled out of the door. I tried to stop him by mumbling nonsense, but he just continued dragging me down the elaborate hallway. When we came before closed double doors, he stopped and turned.

"Just shut up and don't say a thing. That's all you have to do."

And before I could raise my hand to slap his arrogant face he'd already opened the doors and pushed me through.

I was back to another movie scene. Everything in the room seemed to have jumped out of a historical movie.

There was a long, wooden table with huge candles lined in the middle. Two grand vases stood on either side, both filled with scented white orchids.

I tried to tell myself the scent was calming and relaxing, but the rows of people seated around the table made the situation far from calm.

"Please, have a seat." One man said.

An elderly lady with a straight line as a mouth pulled out a chair next to her and gestured to it. I forced my shaky legs to walk and sat down. The lady looked at me hard, and I wondered if it were really possible to frown that hard. She looked miserable!

The fat, old guy sitting at one end of the table cleared his throat, gaining everyone's attention. Including Casey, who still stood next to the door.

"I'm assuming you were running a little late, hmm?" he asked, looking right at me.

I swallowed hard, and embarrassed myself by neither nodding nor shaking my head. I just looked back at him as if I were a two year old.