I'm Falling In Love ... and It's ARRANGED!? *18*

Chapter 18

..............................................................................................................

(Casey's P.O.V)

What the...?

All I could think about standing there was the words that Emelyne had just said, and how it was nearly impossible she'd actually said those "three" words.

I swallowed hard and took a deep breath, the apartment suddenly becoming pin-drop silent. Emelyne's wide eyes stared back at me with all the courage and emotion she could muster, while I was unable to even form a single word.

After what seemed like ages, I cleared my throat and took a step towards her. She didn't move, which surprised me since Emelyne was almost always on her guard and extra aware of everything around her.

Stopping a few inches away from her, I lifted my hand and grabbed hers, holding onto it so she wouldn't go anywhere.

"Do you really mean it, Emelyne?" I whispered, my voice barely a croak.

She looked down at our hands for a second, her expression thoughtful. I waited patiently for her to gather her thoughts, giving her all the time she needed before promising me anything.

Finally she looked up again, and the tears in her eyes struck me like lightning. I was going to say something when she stopped me.

"Casey, how could you even ask me that? Has it not been obvious all along?" she asked quietly.

I thought back to the kiss we'd shared earlier, the passion that she'd put into it. But more importantly, I realized that I'd been so caught up in her actions, that I'd missed the unguarded feelings she'd let me see.

She was in love with me, had been this entire time, and I'd been so darn stupid that I'd doubted her feelings for me!

I suddenly felt so stupid and guilty about the whole situation that I couldn't even look her in the eye anymore. I stared at my feet in embarrassment, while hope slowly built inside of me.

She loved me...

I wanted to shout it on top of the roof for everyone to hear, if Emelyne Sherwood really loved me then that meant whatever I'd thought before had been a misunderstanding.

This could work out after all.

"Casey..." Emelyne whispered, nudging me until I looked up.

Her expression was of concern as she looked into my eyes.

"You don't need to say anything or feel anything back, Casey. I don't expect anything that big from you. What I do need to know however is, do you believe in this Casey? Do you really believe our marriage will work?" she asked.

I looked at the girl who'd come into my life and turned it all around within a matter of a few weeks. And now I loved her, and I was going to let her know how I felt.

I could've just told her that I loved her, that I still wanted us to get married. But Emelyne deserved better than that, and I was going to make sure she always knew how special she was to me.

In the silence that had followed her question, Emelyne had decided she'd had enough. The embarrassment and shame on her face was clear as she suddenly turned around and stormed towards her room, the beginning sound of a sob evident.

I surprised us both by rushing after her and grabbing a hold of her hand, swinging her around and claiming her mouth in a hungry kiss.

Emelyne melted into my arms as I kissed her as if my life depended on it, deepening the kiss until I couldn't tell which one of us was groaning.