The Night

I lean the sniper against the deck chair as I put it down it slammed against the ground, it sounded like a brick hitting the ground. I hope I didn't wake anyone up especially Chris, he needs his sleep for the next shift.

I stand up and have a look through the scope realising I've never used a gun before. I point it at one zombie that got into the yard and line the red lines up onto its head, slowing my breathing

I put my finger on the trigger ready to hit his head. *BLAM* the blood sprays everywhere and I'm pretty sure I made everyone wake up, I sit back down and place the gun against the chair again.

I'm so tired that I nearly fell asleep, then out of nowhere a car comes speeding down the street I ducked down and looked over the cement railing. It crashed into the power pole.

Three people jump out two guys and one girl the driver jumped out and got the girl out while the other guy tried to get the fourth passenger out, they had lots and lots of guns, just enough for them to carry them all.

Guy 1(driver): GOD FUCKING DAMIT HOW DID I HIT THAT POLE!

Girl: I don't know fletch.

Guy 2(passenger): GUYS HELP MAX GET OUT HIS SEATBELT IS STUCK!

Girl: quick they are coming!

A giant horde of them where rushing down the street at them while they panicked and tried to get the other guy out of the car.

Guy 1: crap crap crap crap CRAP CRAP CRAP FUCK! IT'S NOT BUDGING!

They were about twenty or thirty meters away from the car.

Girl: We can't leave Max he will die!

Guy 2: BUT LAURA IF WE DON'T GO WE WILL DIE!

Girl: no NO I can't leave him not like this.

She pulls out what looks to be a Glock and puts it to his head

Girl: I'm so sorry max.

Max: its ok I would rather die like this

She pulls the trigger and then start to run to the house. I pull the sniper out and shoot near them.

Me: get back or I will shoot you!

Guy 1: look behind us, we will die if you don't let us in!

Girl: PLEASE LET US IN!

I could let them in and be a good person still but I could also endanger the group by letting them in, I mean what if they were bandits or murderers I would kill the group. But we have more guns and weapons then them so we could overpower them so I decided.

Me: ok quickly get inside but wait at the door for me.

I quickly shot at a couple then placed the sniper down and ran down half of the stairs nearly at the bottom until.

Chris: what ya doing?

Me: oh nothing just was about to grab you for the shift.

Chris: oh really?

Me: yep

Chris: so you haven't let anyone into the house have you?

Me: ok I can explain that.

Chris: explain NOW!

So I explained to Chris as quickly as possible why I let them in.

Chris: ok BUT they are your responsibility.

I was fine with it as long as I could trust them. So I ran down stairs to meet the new people and I walk around the corner and then they are all their talking and looking around.

Guy 1: well it took you long enough.

Me: sorry I was talking to a group member.

He puts his hand out ready for me to shake it so I did.

Guy 1: my name is fletcher.

Fletcher: and this is Laura and Patrick

He pointed to them as he said their names.

Laura: hi and thanks for letting us into the house.

Patrick: yea thanks

He looked a little annoyed with me for some reason.

Me: so are you guys live around here?

Fletcher: we all do.

Me: cool let me show you around

I showed them around the house except the kitchen and the master bedroom where Chris's parents kept the weapons.

Laura: it's such a big house!

Me: yeah it's Chris's house.

At that moment Chris walked down stairs.

Chris: yep its mine.

Fletcher: umm thanks for letting us in.

Chris: well that wasn't my choice it was this kid.

He pat me on the shoulder a couple of times.

Patrick: well thanks anyway.

Chris whispered in my ear

Chris (whisper): keep an eye on Patrick the other two are ok I think.

Patrick looked at Chris and stared him down.

Me: anyway let's get you guys a room and some nice clothes.

We gave one room for fletcher and Patrick and gave a room to Laura, I walked into the room and I see Julie and Kristy sitting on my bed looking at me

Me: umm hi?

Julie: who are the new guys?

Kristy: need us to kill them?

Me: WHAT?! NO! and they are people like us whose lives have been fucked over.

Julie: ok so what they like?

Me: well fletcher and Laura are nice it's just I'm worried about Patrick, he seems a bit sketchy.

Kristy: ok welp I'm going to bed.

Julie: same

Me: ok goodnight.

Julie: night

Kristy: ok night.

I turned the light off and laid down thinking about the group and what our next move will be and also how sketchy Patrick is and what we can do if he does do something.