The Rooftop

I wake up on the ground with my bed sheets missing

Me: where are my bed sheets?

I stand up rubbing my throbbing head and I open the door and there is blood all over the ground I start to panic and run to Kristy's room, she isn't there so I run to Julie's room and she isn't there. I run downstairs and look I the kitchen and I see Kristy and Julie making breakfast for everyone including fletcher, Laura and Patrick and they are all talking and laughing.

Kristy: well you took you time to get up

Me: I'm pretty sure I got knocked out

Joey: why is that?

Me: my head is throbbing I woke up on the ground and... wait where were my bed sheets?

Julie: oh the front door broke down and we all stabbed the walkers and tied everyone's blankets to the door and the veranda so they couldn't push their way through.

Me: smart but did the lock break or something?

Joey: yeah

Me: and also what are we gonna sleep on?

Kristy: fuck I didn't think of that. Well that's why you're the leader I guess.

Fletcher: wait you're the leader?

Julie: yeah

Fletcher: well sorry I didn't ask but I was going too.

Me: why is that?

Fletcher: well have you heard of the girl named dani?

Everyone shook their heads except for Laura and Patrick.

Fletcher: Well she calls herself Satan and she is running the empire state building, she kills all group leaders on sight and also anyone that disobeys her.

Me: fuck

Fletcher: yeah it's horrible

Laura: make sure you stay as far away from the empire state building as possible

We all finished eating and sat down in front of the TV watching the news.

Reporter: I have just got news that the government are days away from destroying the virus.

Kristy: you know my dad works there

Julie: really?

Kristy: yeah!

(In the background): OH SHIT THEY ARE GETTING THROUGH!

Kristy: WAIT WHAT?

Laura: get out of there run!

Reporter: just stay in your homes and don't go out, if one gets in your home destroy the brain!

She runs out of the shot so the camera man faces it towards the reporter and the crew fighting them off then he joins in and helps.

Reporter: ok crew if we sprint to the fire escape and get to the roof we could hold them off up their

Crew member: ok let's gaagggghhhh!

A walker had got through the door and was biting the crew member he got away and started running up the stairs with a bloody arm.

Kristy: RUN DAD RUN!

We all sat their disturbed and scared, even Julie was covering hers and Kristy's eyes

A crew member grabbed a small camera and started videoing that, for about five minutes it was them running away and crew member by crew member getting pulled back by the walkers.

They finally got to the top and they locked the door there were about five or six left.

Reporter: ok is there anything you crew members would like to say to your family even if they are dead?

One man got up and said

Microphone man: ok billy I love you so much and I love my wife Andrea and please move on if you are watching this.

Kristy: DAD?!?

Camera man 2: I love you mum and I love my daughter Kristy and Kristy just remember to stay strong and I leave my mother to be her legal guardian.

Reporter: ok what is our next move?

Camera man 2: I think we should fight until we die, or jump off the skyscraper with as many as possible.

Crew with bitten arm: I like option one.

Kristy: NO DON'T DO IT!

She said screaming at the TV

They put the camera on the edge of the balcony

Reporter: get back guys! Ready

Kristy: NO DON'T!

Reporter: DO IT!

Kristy: NOOOOOOOO

The door swung open and they started kicking and punching the zombies off the sides, three of the men were tackled off the side like jack. Kristy was only watching the one place at the screen, her dad. Then the camera man that was holding the camera at first got tackled off and bumped the camera.

Kristy: NO, WHY?!

All you saw was the camera falling under the camera man while they were eating him while he was falling then another fell and it looked like a couple of lines and dots from how far it was. Then the screen went black.

Julie: what happened?!

Joey: the camera probably hit the ground.

Kristy: he could be alive.

She said that with tears running down her face.

Me: I don't know there were lots of them

Kristy: but only five of the crew fell there were six crew members.

Fletcher looked at me and whispered

Fletcher (whispering): I would agree with her for now or until she can deal with the fact that he is dead.

Me: ok I'm kind of tired I'm gonna go have a nap.