Chapter 1: Rewards

--Kirigiri's POV--

I woke up and sat on my bed. I wiped my sweaty head. A week. It's been a week since my foolish mistake caused Makoto's life. I should have spoke up when I needed to. I should have never let my ego get the best of me.

"Morning Announcement: Good morning you brats please gather at the gym" Monokuma's voice rang through the speakers. I freshened myself up as I left to go to the gym.

As I opened the door I saw that the others have already arrived. Toko, Togami, Yasuhiro and Asahina were standing on the middle waiting for the darn bear. I closed the door and went behind them.

"Took you long enough!" Monokuma popped out of nowhere. "Now, since
you guys have been doing beary great in this game. I have a little challenge for you guys!" He said.

"What challenge?" Togami asked glaring at the bear. "Upupupupu...It's a beary simple challenge. You just have to find which door does this key work on" He said pulling out a black key. "If you find the lock where the key belongs to...Your reward is inside the room!" He said as he handed me the key.

"I wish you good luck! Upupupupupu! He said as he ran off. "Hey! Wait!" Asahina exclaimed but Monokuma was gone. Togami looked at the key. "We should get searching already" he said as he exited the gym followed by Toko. "Should we split up?" Asahina asked.

"No. Come with me..." I said as we left the gym.

We searched the biology lab for anything suspicious from doors to locked containers. They key seemed to fit in none. "What could the lock look like?" Asahina asked. "Knowing Monokuma...He may have hid it somewhere shady..." I said.

"Shady huh?" Asahina muttered to herself. "How about the locker rooms?" She asked. "Maybe....Just maybe...." I said.

--Locker Room--

"Nothing here!" Asahina said as she opened and closed another locker. "This is not going very well..." She said as I sighed.

'This will be much more easier if he's still alive...'

I brushed the thought of my head. Now's not the time to be thinking about him. If this little challenge will let us escape this darn place....It would really be the best case but...There's no way that that'll be the case.

--An hour later--

"We found absolutely nothing! I hope you guys had more luck than us..." Asahina said. I frowned when she said 'luck'.

'Luck huh? Makoto didn't have that, he only had Hope...'

Again I brushed the thought away. What's wrong with me? It's been a week and I'm still shaky...Why? When the others died I never faltered. Why's his death affecting me like this? Was it because I was the one who caused it?

"Kirigiri-san!? Are you alright?"

Asahina waved her hand back and fort at my face. "Huh?" I asked as I collected myself. "I'm fine...." I said. "So far we found nothing of interest in the whole school..." Togami said.

"How about we take a break. It's already late" Asahina said. Everybody nodded and went in their seperate ways. I went back to my room and found a giftbox sitting on my desk.

"Hmm..." I took it in my hands and opened it. My eyes widened as I found as key and a note.

'Biology Lab, 8:15'

--Biology Lab, 8:15--

I sighed as I unlocked the door.

As it opened my eyes widened at shock of the person seating on one of the tables. An out of character grin was wide in his face.

"Hey Kirigiri-san, long time no see"

It was Makoto.

--Chapter End--

AN: I dedicate this to my RP Friend who roleplays Makoto because....The main ship isn't Naegisaba XD. Sorry not sorry mate.

Anyway. This is really a short chapter. Longer chapters to come (Maybe).