다섯 ✧ 에 셔츠를 넣어주세요

F I V E P L E A S E P U T A
S H I R T O N
. . .

"IS THIS some sort of joke?" I ask, frowning.

Mingyu seems a little taken aback by my response, because it takes him some time to compose himself and think up of a reply.

"What? No, of course not." He walks back towards the stool and sits down, then slowly takes my hand in his and levels his gaze with mine. "I'm serious, Crystal; I'll prove it to you."

I raise an eyebrow, silently asking him, How?

He understands my gesture and sighs. "You wished that everything would go right again. First off—" He pauses to lift his left index finger in the air— "When your life was fine, you had company, that being your best friend, Jina. And so now I'm here in her place, though I have no intention of replacing her as your best friend." He gives me a reassuring smile and proceeds. "Two; you lost your job. But that's alright, there's nothing I can't fix." He teases, giving me a wink.

Once again, my face go as red as a tomato, and I look down so that he won't see me biting on my lip to prevent the smile that is threatening to break out on my face.

I swear, this boy will be the death of me.

"Basically," Mingyu says, summing everything up, "I'm just here to put a permanent smile on your pretty little face."

✧ ✦ ✧

ALTHOUGH still rather doubtful, I decided to believe Mingyu by the end of the day. Besides, if everything he said turns out to be true after all, I might actually be happy again.

Since he didn't have any place to stay, I offered him Jina's room and he gladly accepted it, saying that he'll even pay monthly like I do. To be honest, pay or not, it honestly doesn't affect me, so all I did was nod to whatever decision he made.

Mingyu came with only a single briefcase, and when I asked about his clothes and any other daily needs, he simply waves me off, saying that I shouldn't worry about it and that he's got everything under control. I, on the other hand, simply shrug in response—after all, I had only known the guy for a couple of hours.

During dinnertime, Mingyu insisted upon cooking for the both of us, and though I was a bit reluctant at first because I was used to doing everything myself, I end up complying and sit silently in the dining room watching him constantly rush to and away from the stove.

"Are you sure you don't want any help?" I ask for the umpteenth time, earning a glare from from the blue-haired boy. There isn't much meanness to him, but I still raise both arms in the air, mock surrender. "Sorry, sorry."

"I told you already, Crystal. Just sit back and let me do all the work." He answers distractedly, expertly chopping up the bell peppers and adding them to the stew he's making.

"But—"

"No buts." He says, a tone of finality in his voice. I decide to just shut up and accept his help, even if it's just this once.

No words are exchanged for a good ten minutes or so, but Mingyu doesn't really seem to notice as he is busy cooking dinner.

"Hey, Mingyu?" I quietly ask, feeling bad about the fact that I keep disturbing him when he's occupied.

"Hm?"

"Why me?"

He turns around to face me, one hand still holding a ladle.

"Why you what?" He asks, seeming unsure.

"Why choose to fulfil my wish?"

He sighs, and turns off the stove as he places the ladle on the kitchen counter. Mingyu then walks towards me and sits down on the chair opposite of me so that he can talk to me properly.

"I told you before, Crystal. You are a genuinely nice and hardworking person, and after all that's happened to you, you never stopped to give up. People like you deserve to be happy."

✧ ✦ ✧

THAT NIGHT, we ate dinner as he told me the story of the agents who's dedicated their lives in making other's wishes come true. Frankly, I am glad to be one of the few people chosen—if any of this is even true, that is.

The next morning, I decide to wake him up for school.

"Mingyu," I say, placing my hand on the doorknob. When he doesn't respond, I call for him once more as I slowly swing the door open, expecting to see him still in bed, but what I see is the entire opposite; he's there, alright, but clearly not his shirt.

"MINGYU!" I involuntarily shout, immediately looking away. From the corner of my eyes, I see him look in my direction, but he doesn't make any effort to cover up. "Please put a shirt on."

Mingyu stays silent for a little while doing absolutely nothing. He then lets out a low chuckle, and makes his way towards me.

"W-what are you doing?" I stutter, widening my eyes in alarm.

"Relax, Crystal. You can look."

Reluctantly, I oblige and turn back around to face him. My eyes are shut, but I slowly pry them open, and my gaze immediately land on the boy's finely-built torso.

"See? That's not so bad."

I would look away, but my eyes are glued to the perfect shape of his body. My eyes rake over his fairly-deep lines, and it's as if my mind's being controlled by someone else other than myself.

"Like what you see?" He smirks, wriggling his eyebrows.

I snap out of my thoughts and slap his chest, feeling heat rush up to my cheeks. "Y-yah! You're so conceited, Gyu."

He tilts his head back in a laugh, then gives me a grin that I'm positive could melt any girl's heart.

"You'll learn to love it anyways."