넷 ✧ 성취

F O U R  ✧  F U L F I L L E D
. . .

THE GIRLS stare at the both of us weirdly, perhaps still unable to comprehend just what's a boy like him doing defending me. To be honest, I'm just as surprised—especially when I don't even know the guy.

"Well? Aren't you girls going to say anything?" The boy asks, raising an eyebrow. When none of the girls reply, the boy looks at them coldly once more and place his hands on my shoulders. "Fine, then, if that's the case. Come on, Jungie-ah. We're leaving."

He takes his hands off of me and takes mine instead before pulling me away, leaving Seungyeon and her gang speechless and in awe.

✧ ✦ ✧

THE BOY leads me behind a couple of lockers where no one else can see us. He then sighs and lets go of my hand, saying, "You alright?"

I huff out a breath, a little out of wind due to the fact that I don't exercise much. "I'm fine, thank you." I quietly answer, giving him a little smile.

"Aigoo, you hurt your wrist." The boy clucks his tongue in disapproval as he gently takes my hand to further examine my wrist. I wince even at the slightest movement, only noticing now how much in pain it's in. "Sorry," He apologizes, carefully turning my wrist to see the other side of it.

"Ah, must be from when Seungyeon grabbed it." I say, pursing my lips.

"She what?" The boy asks, his vampire-like canines showing. "Come on, we're going to the nurse's office."

Without saying another word to each other, he takes my uninjured wrist and tugs on it once more. I follow him silently, still confused as ever.

The trip to the nurse's office does not take too long, and I am grateful for that because I'm not the type to like awkward silences.

"Thank you again for helping me back there." I say, bowing. "I can take care of myself from here, sorry for troubling you."

The boy blinks, stunned by my abrupt apology and expression of gratitude. He simply stares at me for a couple of seconds, before breaking into laughter and making me blush.

"What?" I ask, slightly pouting. I don't know why he's laughing at me, but I for one know that I didn't do anything funny.

"I'm sorry, but—" He begins, wiping a stray tear away as a kind smile appears on his face— "You didn't think that I'm leaving you in this condition, did you?"

✧ ✦ ✧

UPON ENTERING the room, we find that the nurse is nowhere to be seen. The boy, however, assures me that everything will be fine as he claims that he knows just what to do with the bruise.

He tells me to sit down on one of the beds while he rummages through the drawers in search of the medicines and ointments he needs to treat my injury. When he gets all the items he needs, he grabs a stool and places it in front of me before sitting on it at a rather close distance.

"Here," He says, holding a hand out in front of me. I reluctantly place my wrist atop of it, and he ever so cautiously brings it closer towards him.

"You know, you should really be careful." The guy says, smearing some sort of ointment onto my wrist. He then gently and expertly spreads it around, so that the circumference of it is covered by a thin layer of the medication. "And those girls..." He grumbles, shaking his head in disgust. "They need to learn how to mind their own business."

"Uhm, not to be rude, but..." I start, making him pause to look up at me as I talk. "Who are you?"

He lets out a light chuckle. "Oh, right. How did I forget to introduce myself?" The boy moves his blue hair from his eyes and gives me his award-winning smile once more. "I'm Mingyu."

"I see," I say, nodding. "I'm—"

"Soo Jung. I know." Mingyu finishes for me as he wraps a bandage around my wrist. He then looks up at me, a questioning look on his face, "Or would you prefer to be called Crystal instead?"

Shrugging my shoulders, I say, "Anything is fine, really."

He nods, tying the bandage and wiping off the excess ointment with a cloth he had taken out of his pocket. "Crystal it is, then."

I feel tempted to ask him why he chooses to call me that, but I decided to keep quiet about it; besides, I have more important questions than that.

"Are you new here?" I question, searching for his face.

He says nothing for a while as he finishes treating my wrist.

"All done," Mingyu says, setting my hand on my lap carefully. I mumble a thank you, and he nods again. "And to answer your question, yes. I am."

I open my mouth to respond, but his chatty self continues to talk. "I mean, technically, I am. I won't be here long."

"Why?"

Mingyu sighs, getting up from the stool. He then walks over to the window and looks up at the sky, his expression unreadable.

"Do you know what happens when you wish upon a star?"

I furrow my eyebrows, thinking. "Nothing?"

He lets out a low chuckle, shaking his head.

"If you are a genuinely good person, your wish will come true." Mingyu tells me, looking thoughtfully at the outside. "People like you, Crystal, gets their wishes fulfilled. You see, when you wish upon a star, your wish will be recorded and cataloged. An agent will then be assigned to your case, and it will then be their mission to turn your wish into reality."

I want to laugh at his words, but his tone seems to be so serious that I'd be a grinch if I did that. Then, as if knowing that I am being skeptical, he turns to face me with a wan smile.

"Crystal, I'm here to get your wishes fulfilled."