AusHun (Fluff [SHORT])

"The Austria-Hungary alliance is no longer intact. The two of you must separate and move on."

"There is no more of the two of you."

"We're sorry, but you should've seen this coming."

"You'll get over each other."

Is what they were told. Many years ago.

The second world war had recently ended, and the former lovers hadn't seen each other since the divorce.

Austria sat in his usual chair; clutching the rusting wedding band in his shaking hand. His heart ached as thoughts of the woman flipped through his mind.

Her long hair blowing in the wind as they sat on the porch of their house. Not a worry from either of them. A calm and relaxing breeze against their skin, while the sun was beginning to rise in front of them.

And that same memory continued to play in his head.

He wasn't sure how to speak to her. Would he apologize for the heartbreak she had? Was she still in pain like he was? Did she still remember the hugs and sunrises they would watch together?

"Does she even miss me?" He whispered to his old ring. Running his thumb across the rusting metallic band.

"I'm talking to a ring now... I've hit insanity haven't I?" He sighed. "... But what other memories of her can I hold in my hands...?"

Austria stood, and walked towards the front porch to watch the sun rise behind the hills.

"I never wanted to be alone... So why am I?" He teared up, sitting on the wooden chair l.

The sun had begun to show a ray of yellows and oranges.

"She loved these colors..." He mumbled. "And I loved her..."

He frowned and looked at the ring once again.

"Loved... Loved? That is a lie... I love her to this day and for the rest of our days... Why do I lie to myself about her?" The Austrian rubbed his face.

He smeared the water of his tears across his face, while a hand held his glasses.

"Love never dies..." He spoke softly, holding the ring against his chest; where his heart would be.

~

"Do you think he misses me as much as I miss him?" She mumbled to herself, holding the wedding ring tightly.

Italy smiled at her and hugged her a bit tighter, he only said one thing to the Hungarian with a shattered heart.

"From experience? I know that love never dies." Italy teared up at his own words.

"Even if the other dies... The love doesn't... It took me a long time to realize that one..." The Italian looked to Hungary, who nodded; the tears streaming down her cheeks.