Prologue

The more you keep your feelings for someone, the more you fall for them.

I completely remember the very first time I laid eyes on you; it was one of those cool nights in the month of December, I was new in town. I just finished walking around the area and decided to grab a coffee before heading home. On The House Cafe was decorated with Christmas lights, they looked like stars shining, outlining the windows and the door of the cafe. 

The bell on top of the cafe door chimed when I walked in; a few customers were about to leave and turned to smile at me on their way out. I walked towards the counter and ordered a cup of coffee; as I sat on a stool waiting for my order, I scanned the cafe. A song was playing in the background, the chatter inside slowly became nothing but silence, and that's when I saw you. 

You were at the far end of the cafe, sitting by the window. Your hair was tied in a ponytail and you were wearing a "The Beatles" three-fourths shirt. You had your head facing out the window, with your eyes closed; you looked so serene then. I don't think I ever saw someone that beautiful, truly you are an image of perfection. 

I don't believe in love at first sight until then. If it wasn't love, it was definitely something special. 

The waitress set down my coffee on the counter right when the song has ended. I wanted to come over to where you were and introduce myself but my cellphone rang. It was my brother calling, he said my mother wanted me home by now. I was a little sad that I had to leave without even knowing your name. And so I left, with hope that someday I'd see you again.

On my walk home, I knew I'd dream about you.