Chapter 15

The next day, Andi woke up to see that Sky was not on the bed across hers. She went to the closet and searched through the clothes she hung. She decided on a faint pink baseball shirt and beige shorts.

She hopped in the bathroom and took a shower. When she got out, Dana was rummaging through her own clothes. "Morning" she greeted, Dana looked up and smiled, "Morning, Andi!"

Ashley walked inside the room wearing a yellow dress, "Andi! They're cooking breakfast downstairs, come on" she said.

Andi nodded and walked to the dresser to blow dry her hair, "I'll just fix my hair then we can go down" she replied.

"Sorry we fell asleep in the boys' room" she apologized sitting down on the chair beside Andi.

Andi turned off her blow dryer to reply, "No worries. Sky kept me company, he played a song" she answered.

Dana stopped, "He serenaded you?" she inquired, exchanging quick glances with Ashley.

"Oh no" Andi grabbed her brush, "He just sang to me, that's all"

Ashley groaned, "Why must you always be in denial? You can like him you know" she answered, rolling her eyes.

"It's not like that, okay?" she replied with a sharp tone.

"Well, Sky's a great guy, Andi. I think it won't be so bad to be with him" Dana answered.

No, it's not going to be hard at all, Andi thought but immediately dismissed the idea. She put down her brush, "Let's eat?" she asked Dana and Ashley.

The two girls nodded and the three of them walked downstairs. Aubrey and Brent were frying bacon, "Where's the cook?" Andi asked, looking around.

"We asked Shane if we can try to cook breakfast" Joe answered, emerging from the backyard.

"Where were you?" Dana asked him, leaning on the counter.

Joe walked to the refrigerator for some water, "Basketball" he answered, almost out of breath.

There were chatters nearing the kitchen, Shane, Sky, Seth and Kyle emerged. "Hi guys, how's the cooking?" Shane asked.

"You need the shower," Sam announced, closing the front door behind her, "there is no way you are sitting next to me in breakfast". There were ooooohs in the kitchen, "You stink" Andi teased, sticking her tongue out.

"Will every boy shower already so we can eat?" Aubrey said, her tone sarcastic.

They ran upstairs, trying to outrun the other. Sky went in the shower first, when he finished Seth was looking out the window, "Hey bro, where were you last night?" he asked.

Sky dried his hair with the towel before tossing it in the laundry basket, "I slept in Andi's room, it was Ashley's bed I think" he replied.

"When will you tell her about how you feel? I think she's the only one who doesn't know it yet" he said, walking over to pick up the guitar. He strummed a few chords before rummaging for clothes.

"I don't think I should tell her. She and I are finally friends, confessing will ruin everything" Sky replied, putting on a shirt.

Seth rolled his eyes as Kyle opened the bathroom door, "Please talk some sense to him" Seth suggested.

Kyle was drying his hair, "Tell her or I will" he threatened.

"Don't. It's not for you guys to decide but mine" he answered, his tone sharper than he intended to.

"Dude, will you stop with that? Just tell her" he said and went out the room.

During breakfast, Sky kept his distance from Andi until Jay approached him. "Hey, Sky. Can we talk?" he asked.