Chapter 12

Andi was opening the gate when a car honked behind them, it was Mr. James with Shane.

"Hi honey, is your mom home?" Mr. James asked. Andi nodded and opened the bigger gate so the car can get in the driveway. Sky helped her close the gate; Shane came down from the car and hugged his sister.

"Sky!" he greeted, his palm in the air for a high five.

Sky returned it, "Shane". He extended his hand to Mr. James who was examining the tires, "Good evening sir" he greeted.

Mr. James faced him, "Hello, call me Ted" he said with a smile.

"I'm Shane, it's a pleasure to meet you sir" he replied. Andi ran to her father and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Mom's cooking dinner" she informed.

"Are you joining us?" Ted asked Sky, who nodded in response.

Andi jumped on her brother's back, he held onto her legs and ran inside heading to he kitchen. Andi shrieked because they almost knocked down a few displays. Ted entered, followed by Sky.

"Shane, put your sister down" Mrs. James reprimanded, "How many times do I have to tell you not to do that?" she asked, pinching the bridge of her nose. Andi slapped Shane's arm and stuck out her tongue.

Shane walked to the refrigerator to get water, Ted walked in the kitchen and placed the keys on the kitchen island. "That doesn't go there" Mrs. James called, Ted was already behind her and kissed her on the cheek, "I know. I'll keep it away now, okay?"

Sky peeked in the kitchen, Mrs. James saw him, "Hi, Sky!" Everyone turned to see him standing there, Mrs. James walked to him and gave him a hug.

"Hi, ma'am" he greeted.

Mrs. James let out a giggle, "Call me Carol. There's no need to be so formal" she informed.

"How long have you two been dating?" Ted asked. Sky blushed at the question and stuttered, "no, we're just partners for a school project."

Andi shook her head in annoyance, "Gosh. Enough with this okay? He's a friend", she grabbed his hand and pulled him away, "Come on, let's watch a movie. You coming Shane?"

"No" Shane said without even looking up from the refrigerator, he was searching for something to eat.

"Sorry about that," Andi said once they were upstairs, "my family's being weird". She opened the door to a room, it was dark but a silhouette of a couch and shelves can be seen.

"It's okay" Sky replied, putting his hands in his pocket.

Andi walked to the end of the room and pulled the curtains, light from outside filled the carpeted floor. The sun is already setting; she walked to one of the shelves, "Is it okay if we watched Megamind?" she asked, busy sifting through the stacks of cd.

"What are you, nine?" Shane appeared in the doorway.

"Who asked for your opinion?" Andi retorted.

"Touchè" he said, "Hey Sky, you coming to the villa?" he asked.

"Yeah" Sky replied.

Andi operated the dvd machine and plopped down on the floor, Sky walked over to her and sat down. "We'll watch Megamind" Andi informed enthusiastically, Sky smiled and kept his eyes on her until the movie started.

"Andi! Dinner!" Carol called.

They were almost done with Megamind, Andi paused it and stood up. She offered her hand to Sky, she didn't know how much weight it would require to pull him off the floor. Andi lost her balance and they stumbled on the couch, Sky on top of her. His right hand on the couch, the other on Andi's back. They both blushed, Andi pushed him off and stood up.