Waiting and Hoping

"Love is not about possession but appreciation." -Osho

As the moon owns the night, I quietly lie awake in the dark. I stare into nothingness and feel the stillness of my room. Silence, the defeaning silence of the sleeping Earth was ringing in my ears. I can't stop my mind from wandering into you, you have sparked something inside me. 

Everyday, I hope to see your face; to be melted by your sweet smile. I dream that one day, those captivating eyes will be looking directly into mine, taking my breath away. 

In school, though I remain unknown to you, I watch you closely; you usually stand by the lockers, surrounded by people. You laugh and smile at them, but there is that moment when you get lost in your thoughts, thinking of something in the past. And I knew, something is hurting, silently breaking, secretely longing. You were so vulnerable, and yet guarded; then suddenly you snap back to reality as if you didn't spaced out at all. 

I didn't know where your mind goes then, but I started asking about you and that's when I learned. You seem composed on the outside, your facade is solid and yet, there are nothing but shattered bits and pieces inside. I started questioning myself, maybe my feelings were just of sympathy for you. 

Everybody was moving fast, you remained still, and yet you drew me into you. In a matter of minutes, I knew you held my heart. I felt an urge to get close to you, to know you and to be with you. I could have stopped my desire for you but something just wouldn't let me. 

I know I will never be a replacement for what you lost but I will gladly stand by you, help you get through the grief, that darkness that has completely taken over you. I am in no position to be your hero, but as long as time allows me to, I will be your knight in shining armor. I will relieve you of your troubles and pain. 

I know your heart may be forever his but the moment I handed you mine, nothing else seem to matter but me being by your side. You may probably never look my way, or be familiar with my presence, until then I will be patiently waiting.