Chapter 10

After Sky's performance, everyone was quiet. They were mesmerized by his performance, his hands move perfectly with the chords and every line has a meaning. It was sweet and well-written, it was from the heart. When he bowed, everyone applaud.

"Okay, great performances everybody" their teacher announced, "I will give out your grades next week. Dismissed"

"Nice one bro!" Seth told Sky.

"Yeah, it was great, Sky! You made her smile" Dana informed. Sky blushed at this and turned around to look at Andi who was on the phone.

"She did, huh? Cool" he said quietly.

Ashley was walking beside Sky, "You wrote that for Andi?"

He was surprised and stuttered, "What?" "She's talking about the song you just performed in class" Kyle answered nonchalantly.

Before Sky can answer, Andi appeared beside Kyle, "We still working on the project?" she asked. Sky managed a yes, focused on walking. They went to the parking lot, "Listen, is there any way you can have your car picked up from here?" Sky asked Andi.

She gave him a confused look, "Uh" she bit her lip, "I guess my nanny can come get it. But why though?"

They waved goodbye to their friends before Sky replied, "Have you ever been on a subway before?"

Andi eyed him, unsure if she should answer, finally she let out a sigh "No. I never saw the point of taking it cause I have my car."

"Well, this time we can't bring it" he said. Andi called her mom and informed her of the plan. "Let's go" she said once she was done talking to the phone.

"What about the keys?" Sky asked pointing to the car.

"There's a spare key at home" she replied. Together they walked towards Sky's car, he opened the door for Andi before placing his things on the backseat. He put the car in ignition and drove to the subway station. He parked his car in the empty lot before gathering his things. He led her to the ticket machine, "Are you scared of the subway?" he inquired.

Andi was preoccupied with the people running up and down the stairs, Sky snapped his fingers in front of her to bring her back, "You spaced out" he said.

"Sorry," Andi replied, "this is all new to me. I don't know if I should be excited. Where are we headed anyway?"

Sky smiled, "you'll see", he grabbed Andi's arm and ran to the turnstile. He handed her the ticket and showed her how to use it. "Here" he pointed to where they are supposed to wait for the train.

Andi observed around, looking at the people who are waiting for the train as well. Sky smiled when he laid his eyes on her, he's happy to have introduced a new experience to her. The train arrived after a few minutes, Andi looked back at Sky who pointed at an empty seat. The doors closed and instead of sitting down, Andi walked to the other side and stood by the door.

"Can we stay here?" she asked, pressing her hands on the glass of the door to look outside.

"Sure" Sky replied, he raised his camera and took a picture of Andi. He was examining the picture when Andi spoke, "I like your song by the way. whoever she is, she's very lucky."

Sky smiled and looked out the window. "How long do we have to ride this?" she asked.

"We're until the last station, that's three more stations away" he said.

"Look!" Andi exclaimed at the view, it was a fountain illuminated by gold light.

"Do you want to go there?" he asked.