Chapter 8

The next morning, Sky was excited because they will be discussing their art project in class. The first period passed by in a blur.

Ms. Lowell was writing on the board when the students started coming in. Sky was secretly waiting for Andi when Seth gave him a little push.

"Dude, cut it out" he said.

"Pssssh. As if we don't know who's preoccupying you 24/7?" Kyle teased.

Sky was supposed to answer back when Andi finally appeared by the door, she was busy texting. Ms. Lowell turned around, "Andi, take your place please", she ordered.

Andi looked around the room for Sky when Kyle cleared his throat which caught Andi's attention.

The three boys smiled at Andi as she made her way between the stools to where they were.

"I thought you weren't coming" Sky blurted out.

Andi put down her things and smiled, "I won't pass up a date with you" she replied, making Sky blush.

"Class, listen up," Ms. Lowell tried to get everyone's attention, "you have 10 minutes to finalize your idea and run them by me. Once I approve it, please see to it that you will be doing them for the rest of the period remaining. Whoever's ready, please come to me" she announced.

The room became noisy, Sky turned to his friends signaling them to leave him and Andi alone. Seth smiled at Andi and pulled Kyle away.

"So, " Sky started, "I really like your idea. I have no additions to it. Shall we go and talk to Ms. Lowell now?" he asked.

Andi nodded. They walked towards the teacher's table.

"Ms. James, Mr. Williams. Your idea?" she inquired, grabbing her pen.

"We decided to know each other through the things we do, places we go to and the people who matters most to us. We'd like to take candid photos of us being engaged to the things or places we think most captures who we are" Andi explained.

Ms. Lowell smiled and wrote their names on a blank paper, beside it was their project. "That is a very good idea. I like it. You'll be surprised how a person you least expect to amaze you will" she commented, "try to think of a nice title and submit it to me next week. You may go now."

Sky smiled at Andi, they went to get their bags and said goodbye to Seth and Kyle.

"So, where to?" Sky asked.

"I'll start the project," Andi said smiling wide at Sky, "come on!" she pulled on Sky's arm towards the parking lot. Sky was quite out of breath when they reached her car.

Once inside, Sky put down his bag. His curiosity is killing him, "Where are we going?"

Andi started the car, "You'll see"

After an hour, they reached the city park. Sky was intrigued as to why Andi drove them to the park. Sky pulled out his DSLR, as Andi activated her car alarm.

"You all set?" Andi asked.

Sky raised his camera, "I'm good to go", he replied and he hung his camera around his neck.

Andi walked first, Sky took a photo of her then caught up beside her.

"Hmmm, the park huh?" he asked, trying not to pry.

Andi looked around, she stared at the trees and smiled. She shook her head, "Not yet."

"Huh?" Sky asked, confused.

"I meant, I won't tell you why yet" she smiled sweetly. Sky raised his camera and snapped a photo of her. Andi's eyes glowed and ran towards an ice cream truck.