Not Just A Builder

This has been discussed in the comments very often and a very popular question in the fandom community. It also makes a lot of sense. But now we must either prove it to be true or debunk the theory.

Is Soren an Old Builder?

We look to the following facts to support this theory.

1. Soren the ARCHITECT

In the prologue, Soren is introduced as a big hero, the greatest builder in the world.

"Soren the Architect, Builder of Worlds, and leader of the Order of the Stone."
-Narrator

And we get that Soren is indeed a great builder because in Episode 3 we can see a MASSIVE temple and mob farm built by Soren, which normal builder are not possibly capable of building.

But why would the narrator include "Builder of Worlds" in his introduction?

In Episode 7, the game revealed that the Old Builders built the Portal Network. Well, we believe that the Old Builders also had a similar break-up, just like the Order of the Stone, and that's what caused them to go to different dimensions. We'll follow this up in a later theory, but for now, what if Soren came into the Overworld and named himself "Builder of Worlds", as a reference that he BUILD the access to different WORLDS?

2. The Books

So far, in each world that the Order of the Stone visited, there has been a book written and signed by Soren.

Well, as you know, the Old Builders built the portals to each dimension and not many other people had even heard of the Portal Network! What if Soren left behind a few of his books on his travels? Then there is at least a chance that he may have left a few books behind.

And another thing, Look at the names of each book.

'Habits of the Enderman'
'Walking Among the Endermen'
'The Redstone Heart'

Now, doesn't that last one seem out of place? Why would Soren know what the Redstone Heart if he is from the Overworld? The Redstone Heart, as we know, was invented by Harper. What if there is more to it than just that?

3. The Command Block

Some people are starting to believe that Soren did not find the Command Block but made it himself. This would make a lot of sense if he was an Old Builder and could easily have learned how to craft it from his time with them. I mean, crafting a command block should require an SKY HIGH level of knowledge to do so, therefore if Soren can craft it, he should be knowledgeable enough to do that, right? According to our 'How does MCSM work?' theory.

4. Stairs

At the end of Episode 7, the game ended with an overview of a lllooonnnggg staircase that leads to a secret room. 

According to Harper, "The answers you're seeking... The Old Builder's Atlas... your way home... They're right up those stairs."

She also mentioned that they have to track down the rest of the Old Builders and ask for the atlas. Which means the Old Builder who's holding the atlas is on the stairs.

Long stairs... Where have I seen that before...? Episode 3.

As you may or may not remember, in Episode 3 'The Last Place You Look', when Jesse and his/her gang were in the End, they had to climb a long way upstairs in order to find Soren. Is it a coincidence?

So, is Soren an old builder?

I guess we'll only know in Episode 8...

~~~~~~~~~~

Hello there, fellow Minecrafters!

Tell us your thoughts about this theory in the comments! We love to hear what you people have to say as well.

Also, if you have any crazy MCSM theories that you want to share, PM us! Your theories will have a chance to be featured in this book!

Pick up your pickaxes and SMASH the vote button! Also, share it with other Story Mode fans, too!

Stay crafty! :D