Truly Alone

'Shut your fat gob for once!' George shouted as he pointed his eating knife at my face, 'I try my best to keep you two alive!' 

'Clearly your not doing a good job!' I shouted back, I felt my heart hammer against my rib cage as me and George argued. 

'SHUT UP!!' Lockwood screamed over his magazine. We've done it now... 'You two are such little kids! Arguing over nothing!' 

As Lockwood walked to us me and George stood up and walked to him as well.

'All you do is hide everything from us! Never trust us!' I said to Lockwood pointing at him which took him back. I guessed he didn't expect me to shout at him. 

'Says you Lucy! You hid lots of things from us, during cases and just you!' George told me, I stood there for a few seconds. I was hoping that silence will calm us, but it made us worse.

'Now your quiet? Hm? Guess the idiot found her match.' Lockwood said crossing his arms like a cross parent. 

'All alone. Aren't you? Got no one to talk to. Nowhere to go.'  The skull whispered in my ear laughing.

I thought this was all a dream, so I tried to wake up. Tried everything, nothing worked. It was real.

They all hated me... Even Lockwood. The one person I thought I could trust and rely on. My fists tightened as tears started falling and my breathing went shaky.

'The baby's crying. Want your dummy to shut you up?' George said, not joking like he usually is. He meant it. 'She want's love that she'll never get.' 

More tears came as I started to cry. 'S-stop it!' My voice squeaked, it was 3 against 1. A triangle of insults. 

After a bit, I gave up. I gave up trying to calm them. 

I ran to my bedroom leaving a trail of tears, I tripped on the stairs a few times before i got there. When I did I shut myself in my bathroom. Why does this keep happening? Why am I so hated? 

I glanced my eyes to my cupboard, my shaky hand reaching for the handle. Then my other hand grabbed my wrist. 'I can't... I can't do that...'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week passed, I didn't come out of the bathroom once. Not for food, not for new clothes. 

3 days after I locked myself in they tired to apologise so many times and that they felt so bad. I still didn't want to come out. 

I was asleep in my bathtub when I heard bashing on my door, straight away I woke up. The banging continued, which had a grunt afterwards. 

Eventually, the door was knocked down. George was the one who knocked it down with Lockwood behind him. Their mouths opened when they saw the mess in the tub. 

My hair was a tip, my eyes were bright red with my body skinnier, I looked so fragile. However, that wasn't what they were shocked by. 

My clothes were ripped and piled on the floor, I kept enough to hide my private parts. In the pile of ripped clothing was razors. All over my body was cuts and tears.

'Leave me... To die...' I said weakly, George picked me up and both boys gently hugged me.

'No way. We're sorry for everything...' Lockwood said as both of them pulled away. George sat me on my bed as he slowly tended to all my wounds. 

I looked at George as he patched me up, once he finished I hugged the chubby boy's head  weakly.

'I'm sorry... I'm sorry for always fighting with you...' I whispered as I felt the smile on George's face, he told me it was ok then I let go of him. Then I hugged Lockwood.

'I didn't mean anything I said before... I wasn't myself.' I manage a few tears to fall.

'It wasn't your fault. We were just cranky. Don't blame yourself.' Lockwood said, like a motivational speaker. He wiped my eyes and smiled. 'You need some rest.'

'Lockwood, go put the kettle on. I'll be down in a sec.' George said, then Lockwood left. He took one more check to see if he got all my cuts then he lied me in my bed covering me. 

I looked up at him as he slowly left my room, making loud footsteps as he walked.

I love both of them. I should have known it would have turned out ok... 

But that doesn't mean I'll always be happy.