Chapter 19-Phil's POV

I’m surprised. Ashley isn’t sprawled out across the entire bed like usual. I slip under the covers, placing my arm around her shoulder. I’m tired, but I know there is absolutely no way that I’ll be able to sleep tonight. Tomorrow will be a month since I tried proposing, and Ashley hasn’t showed any signs of normality since then.

I kiss the back of her head, and she sniffles slightly. “Phil?” She barely utters the word, but I can already tell it’s different than the brainless girl I’ve become used to.

“Yeah?”

She turns to face me, tears running down her face silently. “I’m not drugged.” What!? “Please don’t say anything! just let me talk.” I close my mouth, not saying anything like I was about to. “Apparently one of Aaron’s minions slipped some drug into my drink the other day and-” She pauses, swallowing hard. “He called me and I bailed him out of jail. I couldn’t think straight, and just went along with it. I still thought he was my husband...” She trails off, and I wrap my arms around her. After a few minutes, she finally continues. “There’s a mic in my arm. I regret everything, but I was just trying to save your life. I didn’t know what I was doing! I’m sure he’s going to hear everything, but-”

“Shhhh.” I continue to cradle her. “I knew you couldn’t be gone. And I’m not mad. now, if you’re up for it, I have a plan.”