Chapter Seven

*Skip to one week*

I hate life. What happens after death? What's the point of doing anything, when you're just going to die soon? What's the point of anything?

I lay down on my bed, just staring at the ceiling, thinking. I closed my eyes, and soon, I fell asleep.

***
dreaming

I get out of my room to get a glass of water from the kitchen, I make my way downstairs and grab a glass, but then I heard a yell.

"Dan!" Phil screamed very loudly. I jumped, causing me to drop the glass, it shattered to pieces. I ran to the living room, it was where it came from, I saw Dan on the floor, pale. He wasn't moving, his eyes were closed, he was expressionless, pale, and motionless.

I started breathing heavily, so did Phil. "Phil, what happened?!" I yell as I kneel down to Dan. "I-I don't know! I just came to the living room and found him like this!" He sobbed. I start tearing up, Phil carried him and we ran to the hospital.

The doctors plugged all the machines onto Dan, the heart rate monitor was beeping normally, showing us he's alive.

Phil and I sighed in relief.

A couple hours later, we were just talking and eating crisps. The room was dead silent until we heard the dreadful sound of the heart rate monitor.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Our jaws dropped, we ran to the room and cried so much. Phil and I held Dan's cold hands, sobbing and saying we love him continuously.

A few hours later, Phil and I went home.
"Did you know 68% of dreams come true?" Phil and I said in unison.

I bolted awake. I was sweating, and I sighed in relief that it was just a dream. But one thing that bothered me.

Did you know 68% of dreams come true?

Was it true?

I Googled it and all the results said it was true. I'm terrified.

Phil's POV

***
dreaming

I walked to the living room, my heart skipped a beat. I found Dan on the floor, expressionless and motionless. I shook him, and he was not moving.
"Dan!" I screamed, that's when I heard a glass shatter. Loren came running in the room, she was terrified as well, she kept yelling at Dan to wake up, and that's when she cried.

We ran to the hospital. We waited impatiently, my foot was tapping continuously, Loren was staring at the wall, praying. I was praying as well.

While waiting, Loren and I talked about how much we love Dan.
Until we heard...

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

We ran over to Dan and we held his hands, crying.

A few hours later, we went home.

"Did you know that 68% of dreams come true?" Loren and I said in unison.

I bolt up, sweating. I look over to my right, I see Dan sleeping. I sigh in relief, it was just a dream.

Did you know that 68% of dreams come true?

That terrified me. I went over to Loren's room to check on her, I see her sweating and staring at the wall. "Loren?" I ask worriedly. "What's wrong?"
"I had a nightmare." She replied, shivering.
"Oh, sweetie, it's just a nightmare, it's fine! Go back to be-" I say as I hug her, but she cuts me off.

"Dan died in my dream." She said, about to cry. I stare at her blankly, my eyes widen. "And in my dream, you and I said that 68% of dreams come true. And it is true!" She sobs. My jaw drops, she tilts her head slightly.
"I had that exact dream too!" I exclaim, her eyes widen.

***

I woke up, and I smile to see that Dan is beside me, sleeping peacefully. I slowly get out of bed, trying not to wake Dan up. I make my way to Loren's room, and I find her awake on her laptop. "Good morning!" I chirp, she jumps and I giggle. "You scared me!" She laughs. "Morning, dad." She smiles, I smile back.
"Chris and PJ are coming over in three hours, just thought I'd let you know." I say, she smiles from ear to ear and claps.

"Yay! I love them, so much! I totally ship them!" She squeals. (Sameeee I ship them so hard. KickTheStickz!) I laugh and go to the kitchen to make pancakes. As I get the ingredients, I see Dan shirtless with his natural, curly hair. Or as he likes to call it 'hobbit hair'.

"Morning." He mumbles as he pecks my cheek. "Good morning!" I smile. He sits down on a stool, I stare at him and smile.
"What?" Dan chuckles. "Do you know how much I love you?" I ask, making him smile wider, he nods afterwards.

"I love you so much." Dan stands up and kisses me. Loren comes skipping to the kitchen, and sees us kiss. "Oh, sorry!" She says, embarrassed, and walks away. Dan and I pull away and laugh lightly. "It's okay, Loren!" Dan says.
Loren comes back and smiles sheepishly.

"Good morning, dad." She smiles. "Morning, sweetie." Dan kisses her forehead.
"Do you know how much I love you? I love you so much, dad!" She hugs him tightly.
"Why are you guys acting so strange?" Dan laughs, Loren and I smile at each other.
"And I love you so much, too, Loren." He says hugging her once more. "You're daddy's little angel!" He smiles as he ruffles Loren's hair, I snigger.

"Um, dad?" Loren says nervously, as her cheeks heat up. "Yes?" Dan replies.
"Don't ever say the word 'daddy' to me again, it's inappropriate. And disgusting." She crosses her arms, Dan and I exchange shocked looks.
"Loren!" Dan says in shock, and tries not to laugh. "How do you know what that word means?" He crosses his arms.

"Oh, I just figured it out. Since you guys always say it together, and the Internet as well." She shrugs and smiles sheepishly, Phil and I burst out laughing.

~

Long chapter! The word count was 1,005! Normally I do like 600 words, but I was bored so I wanted to do a long chapter.

Did you know that 68% of dreams come true?

That line is important to the story!