Chapter 8 - The Morning After.

The sun coming through the thin curtains was what woke you up. You were already dwelling on the dream from last night. George was still asleep next to you, squeezed onto the tiny bed. You slowly got up and slipped down stairs.

"Good morning dear, how did you sleep?" asked MrsWeasly.
"Well, thank you Mrs Weasley."
"You seem awfully quiet today dear, are you hungry?" She asked, her head cocked at a worried angle.
"Well, I was just wondering. Did you, did you know my parents at all?" You slightly regretted your words straight after they left your mouth, but at the same time you really were curious.
Her face was pitying and she sighed slightly,
"Only because me and George are the same age so I was wondering maybe you're - or were the same age as they were." You said hurriedly.
"Yes dear, I did know them." she said quietly. She placed a plate of eggs, sausages, beans and mushrooms on the table and sat down next to you.

George came thundering down the stairs to the kitchen and abruptly stopped at the bottom looking worried. MrsWeasly had and shooed him away with her hand as she hugged you comfortingly.

"Your parents were lovely people and your father worked with Arthur at the Ministry, they were both always ready to lend a hand, you are a lot like them, I know that's not what you want to hear, but they're not gone. Not as long as you love them, as long as you remember them." You nodded and took a deep breath and thanked her, she smiled warmly and you went upstairs to get dressed.
You went to go downstairs but Fred and George were stood awkwardly outside the door and they jumped as you swung it open.
"Oh hi we were just- uh- just wondering," Fred started,
"Are you ok?" George finished for him.
"Oh yeah I think so, sorry about last night must've really made you jump." You awkwardly rubbed your hands together, staring down at them.
"No, well yeah, but that's not the point. You're sure you're ok now?" Fred said, trying to force eye contact,
"Not going to wake us up screaming like a banshee again?" George asked smiling a little and taking your hands.
"Probably not, but you should count yourself lucky it wasn't a prank or something. Next time I'll wake you both up with dung bombs or something, that's a lot funnier." You said laughing slightly