Prologue

Solana Masen Maniego

"Let's break up, Masen."
My boyfriend for three years, Creed said.

"Why? Creed! Tell me. Mag nagawa ba ko?"

"Look, I'm leaving in a week. Masen, we're not gonna work out because of long distance! This is my dream to study abroad right? Don't expect me to still be intact with you through fucking chatting and video calling only! It won't work. Magkakasakitan lang tayo."

"Creed, no. Please, don't do this to me. Alam mo namang ikaw na lang ang pamilya ko. You're the only one left, Creed! They all left! Please. Don't leave me."

I was crying so hard. So hard that I already knelt down to him, held his leg and beg for him not to break up with me. I've been so alone ever since my family all died in a plane crash. Creed is the only one who made me feel alive again. The love of my life.

"Masen. Stop. You deserve someone better. Yung hindi ka iiwan."

I held his hands tightly and kissed him but he's not responding, not even a single second. He pushed me so hard that I found myself fell on the floor. My fucking tears won't stop! He looked away and left me there... hoping that he would turn his back and change his mind but all I can see is him...

Walking away without looking back.