Chapter 18

Creed

She's pregnant. I know it. Hearing what she's been up to from Krizzie and Marie immediately pop in my mind that she has a baby inside her womb.

I am the happiest now! Now, Masen is tied up with me 'cause we're having a baby! I am so damn happy right now! Screw our past pain!

I am about to get inside my room when my phone rang.

Maxine calling...

"Maxxx! What's up?"

Tangina. She's crying! All I hear are her sobs!

"C-Creed. Saint l-left m-me. Our engagement ring, i-iniwan na niya sa k-kwarto namin. H-he wants to call it q-quits. Fuck."

Gago ka Saint! How dare you hurt my friend! You'll pay for this.

"Where is he?! Puntahan natin."

"He flew to the States. C-Creed my fiance left me."

"We'll follow him. Go pack up. I'll book the first flight early tomorrow. Ako na bahala. Just pack your things. We'll get him back."

I feel how she feels. I want to fight for Masen as much as Maxine wants to for Saint. I totally could feel her. That's why, I'll help her. I witnessed how happy she is whenever she's with Saint. Mas masaya pa sa kung ano ang nagkaroon kami. And that' it. True love niya talaga si Saint. Us, it's just puppy love. Bata pa kami and immature.

Maybe, Saint just felt afraid. Yes, men at certain point feel that. We doubt ourselves that lead to hurting the ones we love. That's our weakness. Lalo na ngayon at ikakasal na sila. I know Saint. His love for Maxine is greater than his love for himself. He's a good man and I've seen that.

Tao lang din kami natatakot and nagkakamali.
In love, there is no fear? That's bullshit! Kahit gaano ka pa at mo pa kamahal ang isang tao, napakaimposibleng hindi ka man lang makaramdan ng takot ni isang beses.

I called my auntie to book us a flight.
7 am ang alis namin.

I called Maxine.

"Max. We're good to go tomorrow. Are you prepared?"

"Yes. Don't come with me, Creed. You'll make it up to Masen, remember? Stay here."

"No. That would wait. You need me right now. I'll be back naman and babawi na talaga ako sa kanya."

"Gago ka. There you are again."

I can't leave Maxine. She's there for me since day 1 lalo na when my life got fucked up because I lost Masen.

"She'll wait lalo na ngayon, I thinks she's pregnant."

"Asshole! Buntis tapos iiwan mo?! Anddd wait, something happened between you two? Grabe! You. Are. One. Hell. Of. A. Jerk."

"Yep. During her suitor's mourning, we made love."

"Made love? Duhh sex yun. Mahal ka pa ba niya? Tsk."

"Ikaw na nga tong sasamahan, ikaw pa nananakit!"

"Don't come with me, Creed. Masen needs you and your position too. You're a CEO now right? Daddy ka pa. So stay here. I can face Saint alone."

"No one would be there to back you up. No one's gonna save you, Max."

"Ako pa ba? Eh amazona ako di ba? Hahahahaha."

She could still manage to laugh with that state? Strong girl.

"Basta! I'll come with you! Kulit mo."

"Hard-headed boy!!!"

"Bye na! See you at the airport! Magpadrive ka na lang. Masyado ka na special if susunduin pa kita."

"A-hole!"

She ended the call and I totally made up my mind to go with Max.