Chapter 19

I am here at St. Lukes BGC with Marie.

Pregnant? Hell no!

I want to be a mother, yes. But I don't want my child to bear a broken family if ever Creed really got me pregnant. We're not even together then magkakaanak pa kami? No.

"Ms. Maniego, come in."

The doctor's assistant said.

She did few tests on me. Grabe, I feel so drained agad. Tayo, higa at peeing lang ang ginawa ko pero pagod na agad ako. I want to sleep.

"Ms. Maniego. I think you I need to send you to an OB-Gyne. Cara, lead her the way."

The doctor smiled at me and I left.

Another test was made.

We're outside the room now waiting for the result.

"Best. Wanna eat? Oh."

She handed me water and chocolate chip cookies.

"Thank you, best. For being with me today."

"Drama! Anything for you, my best. Lakas ka sakin eh!"

"Sana. Mali si Creed. I'm not pregnant best di ba?"

"Actually, symptoms say it all. You easily get sleepy, you puke everyday, you get hungry time to time and ang moody mo pa. Even on your staff, sinusungitan mo. Best tell me? Did something happend between you and Creed?"

With the last sentence, I looked up and closed my eyes, gathered all my strength to tell the truth to Marie.

"Yes. We-we had sex. Marie, I don't know. It happened fast."

There I go again, umiiyak na naman ako.

"Ssh. Ssssh best, I'm here. We're here. No judgements. You know better, alam ko 'yon. And if ever you're really pregnant, I'll be the happiest ninang! Hehehehe. So, don't feel blue. That baby's a blessing."

"Best naman eh. Inaassume mo talaga na buntis ako?"

Umiiyak kong sabi.

"Honestly, oo. Peace. I love you best! We're here. Always."

"Thank youuu."

And I hug my best friend so tight. Siya ang kakapitan ko ngayon. Get a hold Masen. Be ready for the result.

The doctor's assistant finally called us up and led us in.

"Ms. Maniego."

She looked at me happily. So wala akong sakit?

"Congratulations! You're pregnant! The baby's healthy but you still have to be careful. No junk foods and softdrinks for you. No alcohol. Just take in healthy foods and milk. No heavy works for you too. No stress! Baka humina ang kapit ng bata. Your baby is also eating what you're taking in. Napapagod din siya kapag napapagod si mommy. Congrats again! Any questions?"

"Uhmm. When's the next checkup, Doc?"

"Probably by next next week. Don't miss that so we could thoroughly check you and your baby's condition."

"Thank you, Doc."

I don't know what to feel. Honestly.
I'm excited to be a mom. I know I could give everything to my child. Needs and wants. But... the father? I fcking don't know.

"Beeeeeeeest!!!"

Marie hugged me so tight as soon as we are outside the doctor's room.

"I am sooooo happy for you! Come on! Let's celebrate!"

I smiled with her idea. Yes, we really should 'cause Masen Maniego is already a mom.