Nineteen.

"Are you sure this is it?" Colton asked.

"Yeah, there's nothing here except for this park, everything else is pretty much abandoned." Bethany said.

"I don't see anyone." Liam added.

"Depends, can you see dead people?" Lana joked.

The four of them started looking around the abandoned park, searching for someone that'll explain why they're there. The place was overall creepy, the toys and swings were dirty and rusty, there were red cups all over the floor, some teenagers must have come and got drunk here.

No cars were parked in the area and no one seemed to be around. It was the reason Jessie asked them to come there. There was no risk of someone seeing them, more importantly seeing her.

"Where is she?!" Bethany got frustrated from waiting. "It's been twenty minutes."

"Impatient much?" A black silhouette figure appeared from behind the bushes.

They all looked at each other with wide eyes trying to make out the face of the female voice.

The figure started moving closer towards them and then her face came to light.

"Melanie?" Lana said shocked yet relieved.

"Surprise." Melanie said.

***

"What are you doing here?" Lana sked.

Their minds were spinning around every possible reason as to why Melanie was there. They were scared, that's for sure. A girl they had shared everything with was standing in front of them at the address they had been lured to.

Was Melanie the person blackmailing them from the start?

"You didn't really think it was gonna be Jessie did you?" Melanie said.

"What do you want? Why did you bring us here?" Liam asked.

"Because I need your help." She said.

"With what?" Bethany asked.

"With putting a stop to Jessie."

***

"I knew Jessie before she even started at the university." Melanie started explaining as they sat down on the benches.

Jessie met Melanie when she was looking to apply at the university. She knew about the sorority and she had a reason why she wanted to get involved. It was all a plan, to get revenge.

"Revenge on who?" Colton asked.

"Carla." She said.

It was all coming together, like they were solving a puzzle that had a missing piece and Melanie was there to give it to them.
It all happened senior year of high school. Jessie had her two best friends with her, Kyle, her boyfriend, and Carla. And it was the best year ever, until the day after graduation.

Jessie's parents were rich, and they had made a savings account for her to use for college after graduation, the amount of money in that account was ridiculous, it was enough to cover the tuition of two students. So like always, in Jessie's life, everything was perfect.

She was gonna use that money for a nice apartment, a nice college, and the rest for having fun. But two people didn't let that happen.

There was a reason why Carla and Kyle were so close to Jessie, they had their eyes on a prize and it wasn't her friendship. They got so close to her that she trusted them with her secret of having a savings account and even trusting them with her most possessed secrets.