Chapter 11

Not to mention she's beautiful. Really intimidatingly beautiful. She owns her own business, which makes her cooler, smarter, and just the better choice.

"Are you going to introduce me?" I heard her say, snapping me back to reality.

"Oh, yeah," Jesse replied, smiling wide. My heart sank to my stomach. I was no competition if Devon wanted him back, even if he did like me.

"Devon, Nicole, Nicole, Devon."

"You can call me Dev," She smiled, extending her hand politely. I shook it.

"You can call me Nikki," I tried to smile as convincingly as possible. I forced myself not to break her gaze as we were joined by another. Why did it even bother me so much? Jesse's personal past is his personal past. I shouldn't care so much about it.

"Hey Jesse, long time no see," Sydney greeted him. He acknowledged her with a yeah an a smile. "Hi, I'm Sydney," She introduced herself. I'm sure my smile looked a lot less pained as i shook her hand.

"I'm Nikki." Though she was just as pretty, she was a lot less intimidating, being closer to mine and the girls' age as the younger Carlson sister. And not having an intimate history with Jesse. Which shouldn't matter.

"Yeah, I'm actually a fan of your band's music," she told me. My face lifted in surprise.

"Really? Wow." this was weird because we didn't even have our album out yet. It was going to be out in maybe four months.

"Nicole-I mean the other Nicole does too," She said. "Come on, she's over here," Sydney led me away from Jesse and Devon, which made my stomach a little queasy. Soon, we were standing in another circle of friends that consisted of Zach, Nicole, Jeremy, Kendall, Zayn, and now Sydney and I.

"This is Nikki," Sydney introduced me to Nicole and Kendall. I knew that Nicole was a good friend of everyone's but I also knew about Kendall. Kendall and Zach had had a past. Much like Jesse and Devon's. Which was most likely the reason Quinn was nowhere to be seen. But nontheless, I smiled at Nicole and Kendall. They introduced themselves anyway, and we all talked about nothing in particular, Katie joining the conversation and standing next to Zayn about halfway through. But Jesse still stuck in my mind. After the conversation died down a bit, and everyone broke off into smaller conversations, I decided to sit down bu myself for a little bit because I'm not really very good at parties. I'm awkward. Mikey and Lauren were on the couch across from me cuddling and being really cute. I looked up from them and saw the one person who I wanted to talk to. Jesse was standing near the front of the house, taking a selfie with Devon. She made a peace sign, one finger up his nose. I thought maybe she had accidentally shoved her finger up there, but then I remembered seeing another picure with them doing the same thing. It was probably an inside joke. I sighed quietly and took out my phone, trying to distract myself I went on Instagram, hoping there would be something worth seeing. But the first picture that loaded on the feed was the selfie I had just seen them take, and the caption read: "b@d b1tche$$". I squeezed my eyes shut and scrolled past it not daring to open them until I was sure it was gone. Jesse had been on instagram a lot today apparently. I saw the blue lettered @olddirtytshirt at the bottom of my screen and scrolled enough to see the entire picture.

It was of me. I was curled up in the passenger's seat of the van, asleep. The picture was captioned "Awwwwwwwwwww". I smiled to myself and commented "Wow i look cute" and screenshotted the picture. I don't know why. Maybe it was because of the caption.

"Nikki," Louis called, gesturing from a doorway for me to join him. I glanced at Jesse again, his head thrown back in laughter. I slowly got up and walked to Louis. He hadn't been alone in the room as he'd appeared to be. Bryan was with him.

"Okay, what's wrong?" Bryan asked, getting straight to the point.

"What?"

"It's Jesse," Louis saw right through me. I looked at the ground in embarrassment. I wasn't sure if I'd wanted Bryan to know. Oh well.

"We all knew," Bryan said, watching the progression of my facial expressions. I looked at him in shock.

"Everyone?"

"Well except a select few."

"Guys," I sighed. "Can I just be left alone for now?" They nodded hesitantly and left the room. It was silent for a few minutes after, the sounds of the party muffled by the walls.

"You okay?" A familiar voice echoed softly through the room from the doorway. I looked up at him to answer a quick I'm fine thanks before looking away again. Jesse walked closer to me.

"You've been acting weird all night." My head snapped up again, a confused expression written all over my face. I thought he'd been too infatuated with Devon to have even noticed me.

"No I haven't," I said, realizing how close he was to me. He stood right next to me, his face inches above mine.

"You're okay?" He sounded genuinely concerned. I nodded. Now that he wasn't ignoring me.

"Good," He leaned in, closing the distance between our lips. I turned I head at the last second, my heart thumping in my chest.

"W-What about Dev?" I didn't look at him.

"What happenned between Dev and I is in the past. We both decided to move on, even though we're still friends." He explained. I wasn't sure I was completely satisfied with that answer.

"Listen," Jesse said, putting his thumb under my chin and gently forcing me to look at him. "That's the past. This is what I want my future to look like. You. You're enough." And with that, he closed the distance between our lips, kissing me passionately. We pulled away and he leaned his forehead against mine. He smiled at me as he took my hand and held it to his heart. I grinned as i found that it was beating as fast as mine. And in that moment, everything was perfect.

>>---------------> <---------------<<

NEW FANFIC NEW FANFIC NEW FANFIC NEW FANFIC NEW FANFIC

its called Wish come True i have teaser up its either for Bryan Jeremy or maybe Zach comment who go read ok bai