Chapter 14

So we had driven to the beach, for Quinn's birthday the day after tomorrow. The girls, Liam, Mikey, Louis, Zayn and I had all gone to a local surf/beach shop to buy some swimsuits because most of us had not thought to bring one. We stepped into the cute vintage shop and began to wander around, Louis and I helping eachother pick out a hot swimsuit for eachother. We have that kind of friendship with eachother. I headed for the swimsuit section, immediately walking past all onepieces. I mean they're cute if they're solid black, and if they're fitted enough as to where a person could actually pull it off, but at the same time, they can be really ugly. Louis and I stood for a moment before simultaneously picking out things to show to eachother.

"What do you think?" He asked, holding up a black strapless bikini. I nodded in approval, noting how well he knew me. The big brother/best friend. The best brother figure to have in your life. I grinned wide, holding up one of the two I'd picked out for him. He rolled his eyes at the solid black swim shorts, (whatever you call guy swimsuits) knowing I'd picked out what I would wear if I was a guy.

"Nice, but what else've you got?" I held up the other pair i'd been hiding behind my back. It was blue, like denim shorts, but for swimming.

"Knowing you, you'll say you want these," I said, holding up the blue ones. "But you'll run back here at the last second to grab these." I motioned to the black pair. Louis made a face then grabbed the black pair out of my hands, causing me to laugh. I put the other pair back before following him with the black bikini.

"So how's the relationship going?" he asked as we got in line to buy our things.

"Good so far," I smiled at the thought of Jess and his cute stubbly facial hair. "The concert was fantastic."

"Well, thank Liam. He's the one who helped him get the tickets. You know how he is with the Script." He said, causing us both to laugh.

"Will do. How's your relationship going, by the way?"

"Good, i think." He said, tilting his head as he thought.

"What's up?"

"I don't know, it isn't like anything's really wrong, it's just that i feel like..." he hesitated, trying to find words. "She might get tired of me not being there all the time. I'm always afraid that she'll leave me for someone that'll be there for her all the time." I had no idea Louis felt like that. His relationship always seemed like it was strongest, like nothing in the world could break it.

"Why didn't you say something before?" I asked, suddenly worried something was seriously wrong. He shrugged and rubbed the back of his neck. It was really cute how he felt about her. "You should invite her to hang out with us," I suggested. "I bet she'd be thrilled." He looked up.

"Do you think everyone'd be alright with that?" He asked hopefully.

"Does it really matter?" I asked back happily.

"No!" he said, his eyes brightening. "Thanks Nik."

"No problem, Tomlinson."

We finished purchasing our stuff in the shop, then headed out to the beach which was right across the street. I couldn't wait to just relax and have fun. One of the things I love about the ocean is the vibe. It was a public beach, so there were public bathrooms dotted along the shoreline, thank god. I went into the women's restroom to change into my bikini, but came out with a coverup because I still wasn't sure about how little or much clothes was acceptible to wear around a boyfriend of three days. We had had a flirtationship before that, but I needed to know what was comfortable and what worked in a relationship. I searched for the familiar faces of my friends, but spotted a crowd around a fun looking beach bonfire. I squinted at figures who looked like they could be the people I was looking for, then decided it was them when I picked out Dylan's red hair and Niall's blond beside eachother. I walked up to Jesse when I found him. The bonfire wasn't ours, and there were a lot of people other than the fifteen of us. Jesse was in a small circle that consisted mainly of girls. He looked slightly ticked off when he saw me, but that could've been a trick of the light, or my imagination. Right?