↳ faendal | the orange glow of lanterns

yES I KNOw that i have pending requests from literal weeks ago but tbh i'm not rummaging through my inbox for ancient requests yaknowwhatimsayin so i'm just going to do this random thing because yeah i don't even know words are fun aha... i have no idea what i'm going to write right now...

    'Hey Eru!' Faendal called as I shut the door to my brother and I's store.

    'Hi!' I replied, grinning at my favourite elven archer, 'what's up?'

    'The sky!' he said cheerily, bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet.

    'What's with the cheesiness today?' I inquired, tilting my head to the side slightly, laughing. Faendal started fiddling with his fingers, biting his lip faintly.

    'Will you come archery training with me?' he asked in a small voice, looking up at me from under his eyebrows. I nodded quickly, saying that I would just go inside and fetch my bow and quiver. In a quick skip, I turned back and opened up the door to the Riverwood Trader. However, instead of just walking in normally, I bumped into someone's chest. I looked up hesitantly, until I saw who it was.

    'Oh my Talos, hi Sven!' I breathed, waving sweetly at him.

    'Hello, Eru, how are you faring today?' the blonde replied, stepping out my way so I could enter the store.

    'Oh, very well, thank you! I'm just about to go out training with Faendal!' I exclaimed, bending down to pick my weapons up from underneath the wooden staircase. All I got in reply was a deflated huff, to which I just waved to in response as I left. Greeting Faendal as I reentered the sunlight of the late morning, I watched Sven sulk off down the road to his house.

   'Let's get going, shall we?' Faendal smiled as we set off down the path towards the plains of Whiterun - where we always hunted and trained together. The flat, grassy landscape was easy to navigate and travel around and game could be spotted easily. It was also so close to Whiterun, where we could easily sell our game we collected once we finished. The continuous roaring of the river filled my ears, the foam spraying up slightly at my ankles. The bridge was still holding, letting us cross the water safely and quickly. A cold breeze blew my auburn hair around my face as Faendal and I walked in peaceful silence.

    'Duck,' I whispered suddenly, readying my bow and knocking an arrow in place. Faendal did as I said, narrowly missing the tip of my arrow that sped past his little ponytail before neatly embedding itself in the skull of a wolf.

    'More like wolf,' he chuckled, pulling out the arrow and cleaning it slightly with his tunic - then handing it to me.

    'Wow so punny...' I muttered, shaking my head and grinning ear to ear.

    After a short period of walking, we had finally reached the plains. The sun shone through the fluffy clouds,  highlighting our faces. Faendal taught me a few tricks: like how much poison to coat your arrows with and the weakest points for each animal. After a few hours of training - we headed back to Riverwood, when the sun was beginning to sink behind the mountains (literally was about to put misty mountains wow).

    'Thank you for today, Faendal! I learned a lot,' I winked, standing before the wood elf outside the Trader. The only thing illuminating our faces was the orange glow of the lanterns, hanging on strings above our heads. 'It sure is beautiful here, don't you think?' I murmured, staring up at the starry sheet of night.

    'Not as beautiful as you,' Faendal whispered, his eyes holding the ceaseless universe as he stared down at me, yet much brighter. I blushed, staring down at my boots as I wiggled my toes around slightly. I mumbled a thank you - looking back up at him. He pecked me on the cheek and waved goodbye before he set off down the cobble path that we walked down together earlier that day.

    short af, cheesy, cliche, rubbish and boring. well done me *applauds*. i was just like "ER MAH GERD I'LL WRITE A SKYRIM ONESHOT YEEE!" earlier today but as i went on it just got more boring and boring so my enthusiasm kinda just simmered out.

    BTW YEAH I DID USE MY OWN NAME FOR THE ONESHOT don't bully me i had no imagination mkay.

    SHAMELESS SELF-PROMO TIME! feel free to follow me on instagram on either @ thranduilsflowercrown, @ parcelofmemes, or @ thesamepictureofshaneeveryday. ik, sad names, right?

    my little babies aw my gawd

~ eru