Part sixteen:

It was another day and I woke up with a lump in my throat.... The things that Alec said last night came flooding back into my mind. Alec was again asleep next to me, his black curls still resting on his face, but I didn't wake him up like I did every morning. I had to check that the safe in my wardrobe hadn't been touched or tampered with, even though Alec said he wasn't able to get into it.

Inside was documents on my history and my family's history... Things I want to keep secret but most importantly was a cheque for £4.75 million from my Father just before he passed away. I never accepted it, I never needed his help, I got on just fine on my own. He was never a good Father and I hated him for abusing and mistreating my Mother.... He was just a bad guy. I think this is what Alec was after, but how did he know that I had these sorts of things? Alec really isn't who he says he is.... So who is he?

"Babe, what are you doing?" Alec was stood at the door of my wardrobe rubbing his eyes. I quickly stuffed everything back into the box and closed the safe. "It's nothing, just an old memory box from the good days." A nervous twinge rippled in my voice, I didn't know what else to say... Why did I have to look in there with Alec still in the house? I'm such an idiot.

"Oh cool let me see? I've always wanted to see what you looked like when you were little!" He started to walk closer, excitement covered over his face.
"Maybe another time Alexander." I stood up stopping him from walking further. "O-okay. Well come out and I'll make you some coffee.... And no that is not some kind of coming out of the closet joke." I couldn't help but giggle and so did he. I followed him into the kitchen and sat at the breakfast bar awaiting my coffee.
"So how was the meeting last night? Did he want to hire the club?" I asked waiting to see if he had a planned reply.
"Uh.... Yeah. We're gonna meet up in a couple of days to sort out dates and numbers." Alec seemed on edge .... He was still keeping it from me.
"Oh okay, maybe I can tag along, I can maybe help?" I tried to wiggle my way in but I was totally shut down.
"Sorry Magnus, it's confidential..." There was an awkward silence until the coffee machine started.

Chairman and Church were sat by the fire place huddled up next to each other. 'Just to sweet me up huh.' I loved Chairman and Church but it hurt to think that Alec didn't mean anything that he said.... He doesn't want a family.... He wants money. Once Alec was done with the coffee he kissed me on the forehead and headed for a shower. I was stuck in thought.... I just didn't know what to do. But he left his phone on the counter of the breakfast bar. I shouldn't. But I have to.

Until I heard the shower run and the door lock behind him, I grabbed his phone and began to look through his contacts and messages... I came across someone named K- my guess is that it's Kieran.  12/07/2022 (the day we met)

K~ Alec make your way down.... Brad and Dan are out front, they have Magnus."
Alec~ okay. I'll make my way out, are you sure this is going to work?
K~yes Alec now go. I love you.... Be careful X
Alec~ will do babe. I just hope this goes alright. Tell Brad and Dan not to hurt him too much.
K~ might be too far gone but you better hurry up.

WHAT?!? How on earth did they know I was going to be there? It was Simon from work who told me about the club.... Unless he's in on it. I'm so confused I might just be over thinking it. I need to stop this is too much.

Not long after, Alec emerged from the bedroom, the water was dripping down this stomach over each muscle as he ruffled the back of his head with a towel he took from the side. My god was he tempting... But it wasn't real. Magnus get that into your head. He doesn't love you.

He's just a drug, he's addictive.... But he's no good for you.... He's killing you.