Chapter 6

Aubrey's POV
I was so confused. Beca was moving in with Chloe. Chloe was pregnant. I couldn't believe this. Everything was changing so fast. Just a few hours ago, I thought Beca was living in LA with Jesse as a music producer. I also thought Chloe would have a boyfriend. I guess I was wrong. She's single and pregnant. Of course I felt bad for her, but I didn't know what I could do. I decided at dinner tonight, I would ask her how I could help. Until then, I had to teach science to a bunch of rude middle schoolers.
My next class was seventh grade. Everyone sat down, looked at me and began whispering. They were probably talking about me. I cleared my throat and began to talk.
"Hello, I'm Miss Posen, your new science teacher." I said.
A boy raised his hand.
"Yes." I said.
"Where is the other science teacher?" He asked.
"Well, we actually don't know." I replied.
The class was awful. They didn't listen and they whispered a lot about me, I'm guessing. They would look at me then turn to their friends and whisper. However, one girl didn't whisper, she just stared at me and looked very confused.
I tried to ignore it, but she looked like she recognized me. I had never seen her before, at least not that I remembered.
Eventually, class was over. Then before I knew it, it was time to go home.
At about 4:30 I decided to get dressed. I wore a purple dress, black heels and straitened my hair. I got in my car and plugged Chloe's address into my GPS. It only took a half an hour to get to her house and I arrived at 5:59. I rang the doorbell and Beca answered. She was wearing a black dress.
"Hi Aubrey, come in!" She said.
"Where's Chloe?" I asked.
"Right here. I'm here!" She said, out of breath and coming down the stairs.
"Oh... Hi!" I said.
"Chlo, you didn't have to run down the stairs. It's okay, you told her, right?" Beca said.
"Yeah. But it's still embarrassing that I spend half of the time puking." Chloe responded.
"It's okay, don't be embarrassed." I said.