Chapter 10

"Beca, Beca wake up! Beca!" I heard Chloe say frantically. She shook me awake.
"What?" I asked.
"The baby!" She said.
"Oh!" I said, finally putting two and two together.
We got in the car and drove to the hospital. Chloe was anxious, which wasn't making me any less nervous.
When we arrived, Chloe and I walked inside and went to the front desk.
"How may I help you?" The woman said.
"My girlfriend is in labor." I said calmly, even though inside I was freaking out. We had baby proofed the house and bought a crib, but we didn't know if it was a boy or a girl, so we hadn't done much to the bedroom.
The woman got a wheelchair from behind the desk and wheeled Chloe to a room while I followed.
A few hours later, it was time. Chloe was about to have a baby!
"Ma'am, we would only like the father in the room with Miss Beale." A nurse said to me.
"I'm her girlfriend." I stated, getting agitated.
"Are you the baby's father?" She asked.
"No."
"Then leave." She said.
"No!" Chloe yelled. "Beca don't go!" She burst into tears.
"Oh Chloe. Don't cry!" I said trying to calm her down.
"Ma'am, you have to leave." The nurse repeated.
"I'm not going anywhere." I stated.
The doctor walked in and saw Chloe crying.
"Oh no! What happened?" He said concerned.
Chloe was crying hysterically. "The nurse is going to make Beca leave!" She said.
He looked at the nurse, then at Chloe, then at me.
"You may stay." He told me.
"But sir, the rules!" The nurse said.
"It's making our poor patient upset, so it's best to have this young lady stay." He said.
The nurse crossed her arms angrily and walked out of the room.
Chloe's POV
Summer Anne Mitchell-Beale. She was perfect. She had big baby blue eyes and blonde hair.
Beca and I would love her until the end of time.