Chapter 7

Beca's POV
Dinner went surprisingly well. Chloe only broke down crying three times. I know it's not her fault, there's a lot going on in her life. I'm just happy I won't have to move in with my parents. Little does Chloe know, I would've had to move out of my apartment anyway. I couldn't afford rent. When she agreed to let me live with her, she saved me from the embarrassment of moving back in with my parents. I was also happy it was Chloe that I was moving in with. I never told anybody about this, not even Jesse, who I dated for four years, but I had a crush on Chloe. I don't know what would happen if she ever found out.
Chloe's POV
After Aubrey left, I went up to my bedroom to think. I stared at the light blue painted walls and just thought. I felt so weird around Beca. I had no idea why. Even back in college I felt weird. I invaded her shower for God's sake! I don't even know why I did that. Her voice was so beautiful and I just had to. Poor Tom, he had no idea what I was doing and just stood there awkwardly waiting for me to come back. "What is wrong with you?" I whispered to myself in the mirror. I just starting crying, thinking about all of the stupid mistakes I had made in my life. If I had just asked Beca out, I wouldn't have hooked up with Oscar, I wouldn't be pregnant and Oscar would still be in the US!
Why am I such an awful person? Nobody would care if I wasn't here! Then a thought hit me. Ella. She would miss me. Yesterday, in the hall, I heard her stand up for me. She told her friends I was her favorite teacher. That's enough for me.
I began to take deep breaths and relax. I took my makeup off, pulled my hair into a messy bun and put on some pajamas. Then I went downstairs and acted like I hadn't just had a mental breakdown.
Beca's POV
Chloe thought she could fool me. I knew she had just been crying in her room by the way she looked at me. Her eyes were beet red and she looked tired. I tried to ignore it, but I couldn't.
"Are you okay Chlo?" I asked her.
"Yeah, yeah." She said in a slightly raspy voice. She had definitely been crying.
"Want to watch a movie?" I asked.
"You hate movies." She said. She wasn't lying, I did hate movies.
"I know, but I want to cheer you up." I said.
"I'm fine." She insisted.
"You sure?"
"Yes, but can we watch The Devil Wears Prada?"
I laughed. She loved that movie. Almost every time I dropped by her dorm in college she was watching it.
"Sure, I'll put on some pajamas." I said.
She pulled the DVD out of the case and put it in the DVD player. I fell asleep halfway through the movie, which wasn't a surprise.