CHAPTER 21: RATHER DIE YOUNG

CHAPTER 21: RATHERDIE YOUNG

You know I'vebeen in love beforeYou're the first one I ever seenThat burnslike gasoline

You're the first one I ever seen
That burnslike gasoline

Capitol Studios Los AngelesCalifornia, December 5, 2003

With a hoarse whisper on the other end

He answered.

"Hey...it's me.."

Really? Hey it's me? Let'sjust pretend for a moment, that I hadn't worried myself sick forweeks over where this man had been.

It's not as if Ibelieved he'd be slithered in a hole somewhere, killing his own souldue to his extreme unhappiness. It's not like he wasn't thinking.that the entire world that once adored him was turning it's uglyside. A thousand tragic scenarios played inside my head while goingthat long stretch without speaking to him, I worried myself sicktrying to find ways to reach him. The time had came, and I get a heyit's me?

Trying to staycalm, I bit down on my lower lip to calm my nerves. "Michael, whereare you?"

Out the corner ofmy eye, I could see Shawn stiffing his back, and turning his bodyaround on his swivel chair.

"Bey, I-Ican't.."

I interrupted in apanic, because I can't wasn't exactly what I was trying to hear."Don't you do that, don't-don't you dare.." sniffling sharply, Iblinked with blurry vision as tears filled my eyes.

"Hey, do you needme to-" Shawn stood up to speak, I'm sure he was preparing toexcuse himself but I didn't give him the chance to finish.

"Get out!" Ihollered jabbing my finger towards the door. Poor thing, he neverstood a chance.

Watching quietly, Iwaited for Shawn to shuffle out of the room before speaking up again."Michael, yo-you can't do this to me. I've worried myself to death,I can't sleep, I-I can't eat. Please you have to at least let me knowyou're-"

Michael interruptedcoolly without the intentions of being rude. "They're talking abouttaking my kids Beyonce..."he snuffled over the phone with ademeanor that seemed move cut off.