Familer faces in unfamiler places.

"We must be getting close, the sound is getting louder!" Red whispered into his pikachus ear, the two making their way through the dark tunnels of the digglet caves. There were rumors around town that there were fossils in here that could be revived! Into living Pokemon!

If he could get his hands on an ancient Pokemon and get its information in the pokedex, he'd be that much closer to benefiting the whole pokemon world!

However, a much more selfish priority came into play when he heard the unmistakable sound of a Rhydon using horn drill. It was almost enough to make him smirk. His very own Rhydon! Finding fossils would be a cinch!

Pika had lowered its flash to only light up the area around them, making it a bit more difficult to navigate- but he didn't want to alert the Pokemon of his presence and have it escape from him.

The sound of rubble hitting the cave floor rang louder than ever before and as he turned down one of the tunnels in the maze this cave provided, he realized the way the area was lit up there was someone here. Red rounded the last corner and his shoulders sank in disappointment as there was indeed a Rhydon- but it's sleekly dressed trainer was standing behind it.

He let out an audible sigh, catching the attention of the creatures owner.

Giovanni had too much experience to break the role he had taken of archeologist to act shocked, but this development was the closest he had ever gotten to doing so.

That hat, vest, black hair and unmistakable Pikachu.

It was Red. The boy that had managed to take down even his own elite underlings, somehow being able to obtain the badges from them.

He put on a smile for the boy, but in his mind he remained perplexed that this /child/ was the reason he had been receiving so many complaints.

"Sorry, mister! I didn't mean to startle you or anything!" He seemed to defend quickly, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

"No worries, this is a public cave. Other people are to be expected." He replied, easing into a relaxed demeanor to make the mysterious Red lower his guard.

Though, it seemed the effort of it wasn't needed as the boy payed little attention to him. Instead he had run over to examine the pile of rocks on the floor.

"Wow! Are you here looking for fossils?" He looked up with bright eyes, and Giovanni replied with a nod- which seemed to excite the boy even more.

"Awesome! That's why I'm here too. Are you a trainer?" He asked and the idea of taking out this kid right here and now passed through the gym leaders mind.

The smile continued to play on his lips as he decided, no, it was probably just a fluke with his incompetent organization members.

"A trainer? Ah, no. I'm just an archeologist- I'm gathering fossils for research back at the pewter museum."

"Whoa! That's pretty cool too!" He stretched out his arms, interlacing them behind his head while he relaxed his shoulders.

"Too tell you the truth, I had heard your Rhydon from down the tunnel and had hoped to catch it- I figure having a ground type would make fossil searching far easier."

It took everything in the crimes bosses being to not smirk.

"You'd be right. Ground Pokemon make searching for things in these caves easier- it doesn't hurt that they /are/ amazing in battle as well. You never know what you might come across in here." With the smile never leaving his face, he placed a hand on his Rhydon.

"However, I may be a bit biased as they are my favorite type...but the facts do still stand."

Red nodded his head eagerly, seemingly appreciative he'd opened up to him a bit. The young trainer seemed to want to say something, but he hesitated before speaking up again.