XXVI

The bright sunlight shining through the leaves and reflecting off of the snow filtered in through the window, landing on my cheek and slowly moving to cover my eye. I blinked myself awake, lifting my head up and expecting to find white blankets and coral walls. Once again I was surprised though, finding myself beneath a fluffy blanket, laying on top of a sleeping boy. With the rise and fall of his chest I could hear his heart beat.

"Oh, Ryker..." I sighed, laying my head back down on his chest. His breath hitched for a second as he woke up, lifting his head from the seat to look at me.

"Shit." He whispered, laying his head back down. "All I remember is finding you last night...and...coming in here..."

"We seem to get frisky when we're drunk." I mumbled, sitting up and leaning against the side of the seat. He pulled himself into a sitting position as well, letting me take the blanket to wrap around myself.

"Yeah, that's been proven." He shook his head, looking up at the front seat. "Looks like I managed to turn the car off at least, it's freezing in here."

"I should be getting home." I grabbed my clothes, pulling them back on as quick as I could. I suddenly felt very ashamed and vulnerable. I'd just made the same mistake again.

"Could I at least give you a ride?"

"I guess." I sighed, popping open the door and climbing into the passenger seat. He pulled the rest of his clothes on and followed suit, starting the car up and revving the engine.

We pulled out of the forest, taking a turn towards the town. I stayed silent until we were nearing the gates, and I pointed to them. He parked the car on the side of the road and turned to me, and I had a feeling he was about to say something I wouldn't like.

"Look, I don't remember much of what I said last night, but...I don't think we should see each other like this again."

"You're fucking kidding me, right?" I snapped, and his gaze broke from mine. "You're serious."

"Delia-"

"No, you know what, FUCK YOU!" I shouted, throwing the door open and leaping out. "You have a lot of nerve!"

"I'm only doing this because I can't let you get hurt!" He jumped out of the car beside me and grabbed my arm, keeping me from walking the rest of the way to the house. The gate was wide open behind him. "Delia, I-!"

"MY NAME IS NOT DELIA!"

I slammed my foot into the ground, spikes of ice jutting out of the ground around me. He backed away, shock on his features as my colors changed from light to dark, and I was staring at him with pitch black pits. When I tried to speak again I snarled, and I just shut my mouth instead.

"Okay...Nyx." He whispered. "I'm sorry, but if you're seen around me, and someone finds out, they're going to kill us both."

"You're saving yourself." I growled. "Just admit it."

"I am not trying to save myself!" He shouted. "I'm trying to save you!"

"Why?" I breathed, my anger rising. "Why not just shoot me right here and now, and you'd never have to see me again!"

"That's not the point!"

"Nyx?!"

My head snapped towards the house, and I saw Nox by the fountain, looking between Ryker and I. I flinched when he snarled, his hair turning just as dark as mine as his eyes clouded over, and I barely had time to register his leap before I had been tossed out of the way. I was frantically trying to catch my breath as I watched Nox plow into Ryker, knocking him flat on his back while he attempted to put up a fight.

Nox launched a handful of punches, the majority of them slamming into Ryker's face and chest, but he wasn't just going to sit there without fighting back. Ryker reached up and gripped Nox's shoulders, pulling him down to slam his forehead against my brothers. I squeaked when Nox went rolling to the side, clearly dazed, before I finally got the courage to stand up. Nox was trying to launch himself at Ryker again when I stepped between them, wrapping my arms around his and knocking him to the ground.

"Nyx what are you doing!" He screeched. "Let me at him! I'm going to rip his guts out!"

"Your brother?" Ryker asked numbly, wiping his sleeve across his busted lip.

I hissed, "Go home Ryker."

"Yeah, whatever."

I felt myself shaking as he walked away. He was fuming, just as angry as I was, but the moment his door slammed shut and he pulled away, my fists released and I fell to the ground weakly. I was sobbing, harder than ever, and Nox leapt up only to kneel at my side again. He let me latch onto him and cry, his fingers running up and down my spine and curling in my hair. Nox's movements barely managed to calm me down, but the frost that poured off of my skin seemed to be never ending.

"Come on, come on," Nox whispered, cradling me against his chest as he stood up and carried me back to the house. "Let's go relax sis."

He carried me inside, all the way up the stairs and to my room. The coral walls were comforting, and as he placed me in the blankets I snuggled in instantly. He brushed my hair out of my face as it paled again, the ghostly blonde strands curling around his fingers.

"Are you okay?" He asked, worry in his features.

"Yeah, I'll be okay." I sighed, burying my face in my hands.

"What even happened? I didn't hear anything, I just saw him and got pissed."

"I...he was really messed up last night when he found me." I began to explain my night to him. "Drunk off his ass and talking about how he'd do anything to protect me and how much he loved me. I was so stupid and I bought into it, and I stayed with him all night and woke up in his car this morning, totally naked and hungover." I growled a little bit. "Then, on his way to drop me off here, he told me about how he didn't think it was a smart idea to see each other any more, and that it was to protect me. After last night, I thought I could trust him again, I just...I'm an idiot."

"You're not an idiot, Nyx." Nox whispered, his eyes sad. "You can't...you can't trust Hunters."

"I know that now." I sighed, shaking my head. "I...I want to..."

"Want to what?"

"I want to get revenge." I grumbled, glancing out the window. The crow was there, tilting its head side to side as it watched me.

"How so?" He chuckled darkly.

"I want to destroy that facility." I stood up, walking over to the window and throwing it open. The crow cawed at me, and I laughed, reaching out and running my fingers over its head. "I'm going to tear open that rift, and the world is going to flood with demons, and it's all going to be his fault!"

"Why would it be his fault?"

"He's the one who allowed a demon into his life, isn't he?" I purred, holding my hand out for the bird. "He invoked a demons rage. He's got hell to pay. They all do."

"Well, how do you want to do this?" Nox got up, walking over to stand beside me.

"We'll break into the facility and cause all hell to break loose. Destroy everything, kill people, and cause havoc." I snickered, feeling a burst of adrenaline shoot through my veins. "I'll go in and kill Ronin, come back out, and we'll come back here."

"And if we get caught?"

"We'll leave." I shrugged, placing the bird back outside. "And we won't look back."