A Traitor Returns

Author's Note: Hello Everyone. I just want to tell all the Guardians who are reading this will know that I'm adding something new with my Guardian's sword. You all know about the Aegis the shield from the Vault of Glass. Well, I'm adding that. Anyway, let's get this chapter started. 

"Nothing dies like hope. I cherish it."

- Dredgen Yor -

The Blood Ghosts made it to the European Dead Zone. They were not far from the source of the signal. They decided to venture on foot so the Hive wouldn't spot them. After a few minutes of venturing on they found the source. It was a Golden Age communication hub which was about 10 feet tall; capable for long-range interplanetary communication. There were 5 Hive Knights guarding it.

Rocky: What is that?

War Path: It's a communication hub.

Cerberus: We need to retrieve it. It could be a great use for the City. Plus I don't like it when our enemies take our tech. Take out the Knight.

The Blood Ghosts took the Knights out one by one quietly until they killed the last one.

Carrie: That was easy.

Rocky: A bit too easy, if you ask me.

Cerberus: Let's just transport this to the City.

Out of nowhere, a gunshot was fired near them. They looked to behind them. They saw a Guardian with a dark aura around him.

Dredgen Yor: It's been too long Cerberus.

Rocky: Who is that?

War Path: Dredgen Yor, I thought you were dead.

Carrie: I thought Shin Malphur killed you.

Dredgen Yor: The Darkness revived me. And I see you have an apprentice, Cerberus.

Cerberus drew his sword and went to an offensive stance

Cerberus: What do you want, Yor?

Dredgen Yor drew out a dark sword and went to the same stance

Dredgen Yor: I want to kill you. 

Cerberus: Blood Ghosts, stay out of this.

They both ran towards each other and clashed their swords. After a few minutes, Cerberus used started slashing him. Yor drew out his Thorn and Cerberus giving him major damage. Cerberus was getting weak so he decided to bring out his secret weapon he was hiding. 

Dredgen Yor: Any last words, Cerberus?

Cerberus: Yes, DIE!

Cerberus drew out the Aegis and used it's special to damage him. Dredgen Yor was almost dead, he started to run away. The Blood Ghosts went after him, but he disappeared. 

Rocky: Who was that guy?

Cerberus: We'll tell you once we get back to the City.

Carrie: Yes. But in the meantime let's get that communication hub.

The Blood Ghosts scanned the communications hub and it was transported to the City. They brought it to the Cryptarch, then went to the Hall of Guardians where the Paw Patrol and the Vanguard to tell them some bad news.

Zavala: Nice work, Blood Ghosts. We knew we can count on you.

Cerberus: Yes, Zavala, but we have some bad news. He's back.

Ikora Ray: Who's back?

War Path: That traitor, Dredgen Yor.

Zavala: I thought he was dead, Shin Malphur killed him years ago.

Rocky: Dredgen Yor? Is that the Guardian that attacked us?

Carrie: Yes, I don't know how he's still alive, but we need to find him now.

Cayde-6: We will, but for now we have another problem.

War Path: What is it?

Ikora Ray: The Speaker told us something that he sensed. That the Darkness itself is coming to finish us. 

Rocky: The Darkness is coming in the flesh.

Zavala: That's right and the Tower has detected a massive Hive fleet in the middle of the Oort Cloud. The fleet is massive, really massive.

Ryder: What do we do?

Zuma: Are we gonna die, Ryder?

Rubble: I don't wanna die!

The pups we're scared, to think they were gonna die. Cerberus thought of something that could stop the Darkness once and for all.

Cerberus: I got an idea, Zavala.

Zavala: What is it?

Cerberus: I know you might not agree with me, but we need to form an alliance with the Fallen, Vex and the Cabal.

Carrie: Are you crazy, Cerberus? They attacked our system. 

War Path: Ya. They would never be our allies. 

Zavala: We cannot risk the safety of the City, Cerberus.

Cerberus: If we don't join forces, it will be the end for all of us. And besides what choice do we have? 

Rocky: Cerberus is right. We need to convince them to form an alliance with us. 

Zavala: Very well, Cerberus. Most of the Fallen House except for the Kings are in your command. So that's a head start.

Cerberus: Not quite, we need the Kings as well. 

Carrie: Well what are you proposed to do, kill their Kell? We have no clue where it is.

Ikora Ray: We may have managed to find the Kell of Kings. 

Ikora pulled out a holographic map that showed the Earth. 

Ikora Ray: We detected a large Fallen signature in the North American Empire. Located in the north-eastern region. The Kell of Kings may be there. 

Cerberus: Okay, so that's where we'll go. Blood Ghosts, let's rollout.

Tootsie: Stay safe, Rocky.

Rocky: I will, Tootsie.

The Blood Ghosts went to their ships to the North American Empire. Where the Kell of the House of Kings awaits.

To be continued...