The Kell of Kings

"I dreamt of your Traveler last night, shining through the window of my pod. Like a great white moon."

- Petra Venj -

The Blood Ghosts were en route to the North American Empire, to pursue the Kell of Kings. They decided to come up with a plan, on how to kill him.

Rocky: Okay, so what do we do?

Cerberus: We need to sneak around the Kings' defenses and advance through. According to the reports from Cayde, the Kell is inside his Ketch over the ruins of what was New York.

War Path: Okay, so how are gonna get in?

Carrie: There should be a gravity lift, above the Ketch, we just need to find it.

Rocky: I am detecting a strong gravity distortion on top of the Statue of Liberty.

Cerberus: Great.

They approached the Statue of Liberty. It was rusted and it looked a bit unstable, but it was still standing. On its crown, there was a gravity lift that goes directly to the Fallen Ketch. They flew their ships to the top and proceeded to the lift.

Carrie: We made it!

War Path: A bit too easy, like always.

Variks, the Loyal: Blood Ghosts, this is Variks. Detecting Hive signatures on Ketch, Fallen overrun but Kell still alive. Watch your back.

Cerberus: Let's go, Blood Ghosts.

They took the lift and made it inside the Ketch. There we're dead Fallen bodies and Hive armor everywhere. They proceeded on to the navigation room, where there was Fallen and Hive fighting. They managed to see Dredgen Yor with them as well, who was killing a Fallen dreg. It took him one minute to kill them all. After all of that, a Hive patrol of Acolytes we're reporting to him. 

Dredgen Yor: Did you clear the remaining Fallen?

Hive Acolyte: Yes, Commander Yor, we managed to kill them all, but there has been some major resistance on the bridge. 

Dredgen Yor: No matter. I will take care of that. Stay here, in case any Guardians show up.

Hive Acolyte: Yes, Master Yor.

Dredgen Yor was making his way to the bridge while the Hive was patrolling the nav room.

Cerberus: We need to get to the bridge before, Dredgen Yor.

Rocky: Then let's fight our way through.

The Blood Ghosts were quietly sneaking up on the Hive, Cerberus drew out the Aegis and jumped in the air, then he slammed at the Hive like a Striker, killing all the Hive near it. Rocky used his Blade of Light to kill the remaining Hive.

Cerberus: Nice work, Rocky. Now let's get to the bridge.

 The Blood Ghosts were on their way to the bridge, they weren't far from it, but they had to find another way in without being spotted by the Hive. They managed to find a ventilation tunnel that goes directly to the bridge. Once they found the bridge they noticed the Fallen Kell was below them, so they decided to kill the Kell quickly and quietly. Cerberus gave Rocky his 1000-Yard Stare, to take him down, but before he could pull the trigger there was an explosion. 

The Blood Ghosts knew it was Dredgen Yor who was planning to kill the Kell and the remaining Kings.

Dredgen Yor: With you Fallen out of the way, there will be no hope for the Light.

Cerberus was angry, he wanted to kill Dredgen Yor for getting in the way. He went down to the room quietly, planning to kill Dredgen Yor. He took his Answering Chord and aimed it at his head. When he fired, Dredgen Yor dodged every bullet. 

Dredgen Yor: Good to see you again, Cerberus. Did you come here to die?

Cerberus: Your all talk, Dredgen Yor. Surrender now.

Dredgen Yor: You really think your gonna win, Cerberus? 

Cerberus drew out his Raze-Lighter and the Aegis and prepared himself

Dredgen Yor had an evil grin on his face and said

Dredgen Yor: Then die.

Dredgen Yor took out the Thorn and fired. Cerberus used the Aegis to form a shield around him. The Kell saw this and decided to fire his Scorch Cannon at them. Dredgen Yor took a direct hit, but no damage. War Path, Carrie, and Rocky joined the fight and tried to weaken the Kell. Dredgen Yor got close to Cerberus and shot him in the chest, he flew back to a wall.

Dredgen Yor: You're on your last legs, Cerberus. Join us, or face the consequences. 

Cerberus: I'll never join you, Dredgen Yor.

Dredgen Yor: Then die!

Dredgen Yor decided to shot Cerberus, but before he did, Cerberus drew out the Aegis to push him away. Then a purple aura formed around Cerberus. He drew out his Shadowshot knowing that it was different. He believed that the Traveler enhanced his power. Cerberus used the Shadowshot and shot a Void arrow at Dredgen Yor. Instead of trapping him, the arrow was very destructive, it sends him flying right out of the Ketch, however, Dredgen Yor somehow managed to be saved by a Hive Tombship.

Dredgen Yor: You think this is the end, Cerberus! This is only the beginning!! he said as the Tombship disappeared 

Rocky: Cerberus! Are you okay? 

Cerberus: I'm fine. Is the Kell dead?

Rocky: He is. Your now the Kell of Kells.

Cerberus: Nice work, Rocky. Get the others, were going back to the City.

Once Rocky brought War Path and Carrie, they summoned their ships and went back to the City.

To be Continued...